User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Added a Valterra valve, kinda sticks out…

I always had about a 1/2 cup of nasty come out when taking the cap off the sewer connection. After seeing some video reviews, I decided to add a Valterra valve, but it adds just enough extra length that it comes out past the trailer wall. Does it look like it’s too much? I would hate to catch it on something and snap the whole pipe off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F41ABB4D-9AD8-45BE-98A2-7DC573AB023B.jpg  
    2021 Imagine 2800BH

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is why I didn’t put one on. It sticks out way too far and I am not going to redo the plumbing
    Not only does it look bad it can get hit
    Mine doesn’t do what others like yourself are being troubled with but I always have a 5 gallon bucket there just in case
    Works like a charm

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebus View Post
    I always had about a 1/2 cup of nasty come out when taking the cap off the sewer connection. After seeing some video reviews, I decided to add a Valterra valve, but it adds just enough extra length that it comes out past the trailer wall. Does it look like it’s too much? I would hate to catch it on something and snap the whole pipe off.
    Yep. That is why I haven't put one on my trailer. Did the measurement and it sticks out too far. I looked at the other one that glues on but I don't have enough pipe to glue it on if I were to cut off my current connector.

I have some but very little stuff come out when I take off the cap. What I have started doing is to hook up the sewer connection first then I hold the twist on coupler below the outlet. Remove the cap and any liquid goes into the hose/coupler. Then turn over the coupler and twist in to the outlet.

Probably more than most do but I don't like to put my stuff on the ground.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never had an issue with any leakage, but the clear plastic elbow is there just in case.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. For my 320MKS, it sits flush with the skirt. The gallery dump might have stuck out last the skirt, but since I broke it less than an hour after owning the camper, when I fixed it, I made sure to accommodate the Valterra.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel