User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zero Point Calibration

We were at a very nice campground last weekend (Jackson Rancheria RV Park) and I took advantage of the nice pads there to do my first calibration. We were leaning right a bit since we bought it last August. I got tired of the shower door closing on its own when trying to get in or out so I busted out the manual and prepared myself for a long laborious project.
    I took my level out of the tool box and checked all around the trailer and sure enough we were leaning right.

I Just manually leveled the trailer with the control pad.
    Turned off the power to the pad and pressed up 5 times and then down 5 times and the system went through its little process.
    Pressed "Enter" when prompted and we were done.

My neighbor asked what I was doing and after a brief discussion, we re-calibrated his as well.

Man this was easy!

And yes, the show doors stay open now. Yippee!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zero Point.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	36546
    Last edited by Fivecodys; 09-08-2021 at 03:24 PM.
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to do that. I guess I had better read the manual. RTFM.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've wondered what is the best "reference point" on the trailer to use to re-calibrate? The frame seems the most logical, but I've always thought the refrigerator is the most important. When checking various places on the inside floor, I've found the readings to be all over the place.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had two spots that were a problem dryfly. The stove (which is in the curb side slide) and the shower doors. The wife had been noticing that any liquid in a pan on the stove always sloped towards the back of the stove. Also one of the shower doors would not stay open.
    I used a 3' level and went around the trailer and just laid it up against the sides vertically and it confirmed what she was saying.
    I also checked several different places inside and they were all over the place.
    In the end I used the exterior walls and that gave me the desired results.
    Of course the real test will be the next time we take it out and see if it actually achieves 'Level'.

Safe Travels!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I need to do the same. Did you recalibrate with your slides out or in?
    Jim

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    I've wondered what is the best "reference point" on the trailer to use to re-calibrate? The frame seems the most logical, but I've always thought the refrigerator is the most important. When checking various places on the inside floor, I've found the readings to be all over the place.
    I recalibrated mine and the inside "horizontal" surfaces were not parallel to each other. You've got to pick which surface is most improtant to you and level to that. DW said the oil in pans on the stove need to stay in the middle of the pan, so that's my calibration surface.
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2017 Ford F-350 Lariat SRW CC Short Bed, Power Stroke 6.7L
    Pullrite Superglide 16k

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gpo1958 View Post
    I recalibrated mine and the inside "horizontal" surfaces were not parallel to each other. You've got to pick which surface is most improtant to you and level to that. DW said the oil in pans on the stove need to stay in the middle of the pan, so that's my calibration surface.
    That's too funny as that same comment by 'my wife' is what started this whole process. For me it was the shower doors but that's ok.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed that my refrigerator door is always self-closing. I think I will be going this soon before my next trip out west. Thanks, Fivecodys.
    US Air Force Retired
    2019 2500 Ram Bighorn
    2021 GD Reflection 150 Series 240RL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivecodys View Post
    We were at a very nice campground last weekend (Jackson Rancheria RV Park) and I took advantage of the nice pads there to do my first calibration. We were leaning right a bit since we bought it last August. I got tired of the shower door closing on its own when trying to get in or out so I busted out the manual and prepared myself for a long laborious project.
    I took my level out of the tool box and checked all around the trailer and sure enough we were leaning right.

Turned off the power to the pad and pressed up 5 times and then down 5 times and the system went through its little process.

My neighbor asked what I was doing and after a brief discussion, we re-calibrated his as well.

Man this was easy!

Thanks for the information!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivecodys View Post

Man this was easy!

You should not need to do this.
    Before messing with it, check to make sure the sensors are securely mounted. On mine the rear sensor had it's screw holes stripped out by the factory. They used screws into the plastic housing. another screwgun victum. When I removed the coroplast, I found the sensor screws laying on it, and the sensor was not attatched to anything. So everytime the coach moved, the sensor would change it's position. No amount of recalibrating would have ever fixed it. I used large pop rivets to permanently reattach it to the mounting plate. I did not recalibrate it trusting that the factory calibration would be correct once the sensor was remounted. That fixed it. 2 years later, and it still operates perfectly.
    Last edited by huntindog; 09-15-2022 at 06:56 PM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast