User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Momentum 349 hot closet

Our heater return air vent is in the pantry which is always hot. I realized when the ac is running hot air us being sucked into the trailer through that vent.

Is anyone seeing this? I am wondering If we have a duct leaking somewhere in the heater ducting. Or is it being drawn in through the intake on the outside where the heater is located?

Any ideas?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the pantry on an outside wall? If so try lining it with Reflectix and see if that helps.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pantry on the lower floor is where the heater return air vent is. The pantry is always hot during the summer. Hot air is being sucked into the trailer by the air conditioner.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There isn't a flow damper in the space so air flows both way. If your a/c is sucking that much air through to heat the pantry, then you can use foam to block it off, just be mindful of that when you use the heater.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchertx View Post
    The pantry on the lower floor is where the heater return air vent is. The pantry is always hot during the summer. Hot air is being sucked into the trailer by the air conditioner.
    I don't know where you get the idea that air is "being sucked into the trailer by the air conditioner." The ACs use internal, recirculated air. They pull nothing from outside and vent nothing to the outside. If you have a hot pantry, it's not related to airflow from the ACs.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I don't know where you get the idea that air is "being sucked into the trailer by the air conditioner." The ACs use internal, recirculated air. They pull nothing from outside and vent nothing to the outside. If you have a hot pantry, it's not related to airflow from the ACs.

Rob
    Come on Rob. If air is being drawn from the main unit, it's going to pull air through the whole unit. If there's an open air access, such as a return, it will still pull air through. Same thing in your house. If you open an window with your ac on, it's still going to draw air through the window.

Nothing is being referred to an outside vent. It's the return "duct" that goes to the basement for the furnace.

2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    Come on Rob. If air is being drawn from the main unit, it's going to pull air through the whole unit. If there's an open air access, such as a return, it will still pull air through. Same thing in your house. If you open an window with your ac on, it's still going to draw air through the window.

Nothing is being referred to an outside vent. It's the return "duct" that goes to the basement for the furnace.
    I guess we'll just have to disagree on this one, Curtis. If the AC puts out the same volume of air through the racetrack as it takes in through the returns, it doesn't change the pressure inside the RV - it just circulates it. There would have to be a pressure differential between inside and outside for air to be "sucked" into the space. This may be happening... all I'm saying is that the AC is not the cause.

Edit/PS: I just conducted a little impromptu test. Both of our ACs are running at the moment. I opened a window and there is no detectible airflow in our out of the open window.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess we'll just have to disagree on this one, Curtis. If the AC puts out the same volume of air through the racetrack as it takes in through the returns, it doesn't change the pressure inside the RV - it just circulates it. There would have to be a pressure differential between inside and outside for air to be "sucked" into the space. This may be happening... all I'm saying is that the AC is not the cause.

Rob
    Sure we can agree to disagree, but you're wrong. Having worked with HVAC systems, residentially and commercially, I can support this.

2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit/PS: I just conducted a little impromptu test. Both of our ACs are running at the moment. I opened a window and there is no detectible airflow in our out of the open window.

Rob
    Just because you don't "feel it" doesn't mean it isn't drawing from there.

2020 Momentum 351M

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rob
    I think you need to take ac 101

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast