Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overfill Fresh Water Tank With Vaccuum Bonded Floor

Good Morning All,
    Thank you for reading this. If one accidentally overfills their fresh water tank in a trailer with a vacuum bonded floor and the floor swells slightly, will this crack or damage the luan on the lower layer? Will it structurally alter the floor? I discovered it before too long and let the pressure out, but I think? the floor might have swelled a bit. It's normal now that the pressure underneath is gone. I'm not positive it was...but panicking a bit since the trailer is only a couple months old. Thanks!

**Sorry, to clarify, it's a fifth wheel and I have a shut off valve on my overflow under the trailer to stop it splashing when I travel, which i forgot to open prior to starting to fill the tank.
    Last edited by Jeffrey28bh; 09-10-2021 at 01:06 PM.

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey28bh View Post
    Good Morning All,
    Thank you for reading this. If one accidentally overfills their fresh water tank in a trailer with a vacuum bonded floor and the floor swells slightly, will this crack or damage the luan on the lower layer? Will it structurally alter the floor? I discovered it before too long and let the pressure out, but I think? the floor might have swelled a bit. It's normal now that the pressure underneath is gone. I'm not positive it was...but panicking a bit since the trailer is only a couple months old. Thanks!
    You shouldn't be able to over fill the tank unless the overflow lines were somehow blocked, unless it's a different set up?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk