User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jensen Radio/Speaker Issue When On Shore Power

Hopefully I’m just an idiot and I’m just missing something as a newbie. My radio and speakers work fine when on battery only, however when i plug into my generator and operate on shore power, no sound comes out from the speakers (radio and settings work). Unplug the 50amp power cord and sound comes out again.

Anyone have any ideas of what I’m doing wrong? Ive googled quite a bit and can’t seem to find an answer.

Thanks in advance.
    2022 295RL
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie SB SRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if the generator is grounding to the rig giving you a hot skin condition on the rig and grounding out the speakers. You could drop a speaker out of the frame and try it. You could also wire up an independent speaker and plug that into the back of the unit to try.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
    2021 GD Reflection 303rls
    2019 ram 2500 Crew Cab tradesman 4x4
    Autoslider 5th wheel hitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an update from last weekend; if the radio is on before plugging into the generator, the sound will still play through the speakers. If we shut off the radio and the turn it back on while still plugged into the generator, the sound no longer comes out of the speaker. I’m baffled at this point, but i guess we can just make sure to turn on thee radio first if we want music and not shut it off, just lower the volume if watching tv lol.
    2022 295RL
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie SB SRW