Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude Cargo Door Adjustment

I have a couple cargo doors that don’t close tight enough, I can see light coming past the seal when I look from the inside. I don’t see any adjustment points on the latch or strike plate. Has anyone here adjusted their Solitude cargo doors?
    Wade & Jennefer
    2022 Solitude 346 FLS
    2023 Silverado 3500 High Country CC DRW 4WD 8ft Bed, B&W OEM Companion Hitch
    Home Base - Port Susan Camping Club, Tulalip WA

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wadejenn View Post
    I have a couple cargo doors that don’t close tight enough, I can see light coming past the seal when I look from the inside. I don’t see any adjustment points on the latch or strike plate. Has anyone here adjusted their Solitude cargo doors?
    Yes. I just bent the lip on the door frame where the latch strikes (the metal plate on the gasket tells you where). Bent it in for tighter and out for looser. Does not take much. This is what the dealer did on a door that was to loose. Maybe a better way and I would like to know it.

Now for a warped door, as far as I know that is a replacement "fix". I have tried to straighten a couple of my slam doors, but they just bend back.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried bending the strike but it only worked for about a day. I was thinking about putting a screw through the frame behind the strike to keep it from bending back out but I’m not sure what I would be screwing into.
    Wade & Jennefer
    2022 Solitude 346 FLS
    2023 Silverado 3500 High Country CC DRW 4WD 8ft Bed, B&W OEM Companion Hitch
    Home Base - Port Susan Camping Club, Tulalip WA