User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found a bunch of small BB's in the living room???

We have a 2021 Solitude S 2930RL-R and returning from a trip out west noticed an issue with the dinette side slide mechanism. My wife handed me several small metal BB's she found while vacuuming one day. I took a look and figured they might just be construction debris that's revealed itself after bouncing around the road. When we got home she pointed to the floor and where the slide mechanism moves across the floor towards the island, there's indication that something is starting to tear into the flooring. Small little pimples are starting to appear on one side. As I look further, I think these small BB's might be popping out of the slide track and as they do, it's causing the track to settle closer to the flooring and cause this damage to the floor.

Anyone else have this issue?
    2020 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 Powerstroke SB
    2021 GD Solitude S 2930RL-R (trailer#5)
    Married father of 4 (3 sons 1 daughter) Two Eagle Scouts
    Navy Veteran - InfoSec Examiner/Auditor in the financial industry

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never heard of small bb's in slide mechanisms.

Do you have any cabinets with drawers on that side? Could they be bearings dropping out of a drawer slide?

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are the bb's silver or copper? Silver will be from a drawer roller that broke, BB's you'll need to talk to the neighbor kids and find out why they brought BB's into the RV.

I would also get excited about getting them out from under the slide, they will tear the floor up. Get the shop vac and feather duster out, pull the slide in a few inches until you have the largest access to get under it. Shop vac, feather duster, brush, broom, whatever you can find to get under there and clean it out.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, most likely drawer glide bearings.

"Small little pimples are starting to appear on one side." ??? Not sure where you mean? In the sidewall of the slide? If it is, it could be mold pimples caused by a water leak.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The slide rollers have no bearings. The bearing are out of a drawer slide because the junk used fall apart pretty easily. Likely what happened are the bearings were run over by the slide and dug into the floor. Heck, I saw a plastic monkey from a barrel of monkeys tear an 18" gouge through vinyl sheet good after the slide got it.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And always sweep the floor before running in the slides, especially if parked on gravel.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of years ago, I found the bearings/BBs under my kitchen slide, tho they were still attached to a black plastic strip. Could not figure out where they came from. Carried them around in a drawer for a year before I found out they came out of the trash can sliding door thingy.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC