User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 2022 Reflection 337RLS

My Girlfriend and I are going to be full timing in the next few weeks and decided this trailer would suit our needs and storage. Any tips or tricks are greatly appreciated!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BraedenandEm View Post
    My Girlfriend and I are going to be full timing in the next few weeks and decided this trailer would suit our needs and storage. Any tips or tricks are greatly appreciated!
    Long time forum member and Moderator Rob @Second Chance went FT in their first GDRV, a 337 for a few years until they got their new 310 Solitude last year. Possibly Rob will chime in with some feedback.

A number of other folks FT in 337s as well. Possibly some of them will read your post and chime in as well.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Long time forum member and Moderator Rob @Second Chance went FT in their first GDRV, a 337 for a few years until they got their new 310 Solitude last year. Possibly Rob will chime in with some feedback.

A number of other folks FT in 337s as well. Possibly some of them will read your post and chime in as well.

Dan
    Dan is correct - we spent our first 4-1/2 years full-time in a 337. The main mods/upgrades we did were to add a dampened pin box to reduce chucking and have the MORryde independent suspension and disc brakes installed to replace the antiquated stock suspension systems that these trailers all have.

The main points I would make are these:

1) The Reflection 337 is a beast. Ours did not have dual pane windows nor did we install a washer and dryer. Carefully as we loaded for full-timing, it put 3,000 lbs. on the pin. Make sure you have a tow vehicle that has that kind of payload capacity once you've subtracted the weight of occupants, fuel, gear, and a fifth wheel hitch.

2) If you're ordering, get dual pane windows. Absence of this option was one of the main drivers in our decision to order our Solitude and include them.

3) There is no insulation on top of the Coroplast underbelly on the Reflections. The main basement area is well-insulated and, as long as you run the main furnace when temps are below freezing, the main plumbing utilities are safe. The weak point is the water lines to the kitchen island. I opened the underbelly, put foam pipe insulation around those lines, and added insulation on top of the Coroplast. No more frozen kitchen water lines after that.

4) The second/bedroom AC is a must-have.

We were so happy with the floor plan of the Reflection 337 that, when we decided on a Solitude, it was the 310GK - and almost-identical floor plan.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BraedenandEm View Post
    Aside from the domicile and health care selections when going FT, the selection of RV floor plan, storage and tow vehicle are the other important parts to the equation. When FTing you have to be picky about what you need to drag along with you. You only have so much room for storage and weight capacity. We are newbies at FTing, started last July and already we are at the point where if something goes into the RV, something has to come out! Also everything is packed away in the storage compartment, under the sofa, under the bed and so forth. Utilize every nook and cranny to storage, you'll need it. When you get something out, you have to remove everything in the way of getting to what you want, PUT EVERYTHING BACK WHERE IT CAME FROM, otherwise you'll end up with clutter taking up floor space.
    Winter clothes are stored under the bed and in totes in the storage compartment and gets swapped out with summer clothes. I remember having the conversation with the wife, how many pairs of jeans do you think I need anyway, 6 is way too many! We got rid of a lot of clothes, there just isn't room, but everything goes back in the same place it came out of. LOL's

For FTing we selected the Solitude 3350RL S Class, (now discontinued) very similar floorplan to the 337 and 310, just a tad longer at almost 37ft. Its worked well for us, we love it, and yes we kind of wish we had the double pane windows, but on the other hand we keep reflect it in the windows and shrink wrap the windows through December, then back down to southern Texas where it's supposed to be warmer, it wasn't last year. Our tow vehicle is way over what we needed but that's the way we wanted it. Right now we are in the mountains of Tennessee near Knoxville, lovin the FTing life. See signature line.

To finish my thought process, we simplified our financial transactions, of course direct deposits, online banking, auto bill pay such as insurance premiums to a credit card, then just pay the credit card. We use two different banks, one country wide like BoA then a local bank we have done business with for over 20 years. If one account is compromised we still have the other. We don't over do it on credit cards, we only have 3, one to charge fuel, one to pay RV park fees and one as a backup. We only log into our accounts from as secure locations as we can so that we don't compromise our logins and passwords.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 09-13-2021 at 03:38 PM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have all the packages that were offered on this years trailer except for the solar package. Arctic package, peace of mind and ultimate power. We want to eventually get solar panels hooked up before springtime next year. We’re on the west coast of British Columbia in Canada and get negative weather overnight most nights. Deal shop is also going to diamondkote underbelly and interior to make waterproof and works as a mouse repellant for the stuff underneath. The dealership is Arbutus Rv based in Nanaimo, Bc. They offered to tow it to our spot for the winter so we also have winter to figure out a tow plan for spring haha. We were planning on packing light for sure, we don’t have much stuff as we’re still in the beginning phase of our adult life hahaha. Planning on saving for property to buy and build a shed for the rv, then a house eventually. Cheers for the replies!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Aside from the domicile and health care selections when going FT, the selection of RV floor plan, storage and tow vehicle are the other important parts to the equation. When FTing you have to be picky about what you need to drag along with you. You only have so much room for storage and weight capacity. We are newbies at FTing, started last July and already we are at the point where if something goes into the RV, something has to come out! Also everything is packed away in the storage compartment, under the sofa, under the bed and so forth. Utilize every nook and cranny to storage, you'll need it. When you get something out, you have to remove everything in the way of getting to what you want, PUT EVERYTHING BACK WHERE IT CAME FROM, otherwise you'll end up with clutter taking up floor space.
    Winter clothes are stored under the bed and in totes in the storage compartment and gets swapped out with summer clothes. I remember having the conversation with the wife, how many pairs of jeans do you think I need anyway, 6 is way too many! We got rid of a lot of clothes, there just isn't room, but everything goes back in the same place it came out of. LOL's

For FTing we selected the Solitude 3350RL S Class, (now discontinued) very similar floorplan to the 337 and 310, just a tad longer at almost 37ft. Its worked well for us, we love it, and yes we kind of wish we had the double pane windows, but on the other hand we keep reflect it in the windows and shrink wrap the windows through December, then back down to southern Texas where it's supposed to be warmer, it wasn't last year. Our tow vehicle is way over what we needed but that's the way we wanted it. Right now we are in the mountains of Tennessee near Knoxville, lovin the FTing life. See signature line.

To finish my thought process, we simplified our financial transactions, of course direct deposits, online banking, auto bill pay such as insurance premiums to a credit card, then just pay the credit card. We use two different banks, one country wide like BoA then a local bank we have done business with for over 20 years. If one account is compromised we still have the other. We don't over do it on credit cards, we only have 3, one to charge fuel, one to pay RV park fees and one as a backup. We only log into our accounts from as secure locations as we can so that we don't compromise our logins and passwords.
    oops I replied to the wrong thing. My reply is down below. LOL