User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nevermind that my family had just spent about $130k in the last year with the dealer. (Mom bought a brand new TT)

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    2019 GD Momentum 397TH
    Considering a 395
    99 Ford F-250, 7.3, 6-speed.
    22 Ford F-450
    Former Fulltimers, now just using toy hauler to go to Motocross Races and Mountain Bike parks.
    Va Beach, VA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prior to GD refusing to sell, I have never run into this in 30 plus years of working on everything from trucks to boats to RVs to airplanes.

I uses to be an automotive engineer for a couple big 3, and tier 1 suppliers.

"We will only sell this exact part, to you, and never anything different", the only time I have run into this.

I used to run a welding shop and trailer fabrication business. I took care of regulars first, but if someone wanted to buy a dexter 7 axle, I would sell them one.

2019 GD Momentum 397TH
    Considering a 395
    22 Ford F-450
    Former Fulltimers, now just using toy hauler to go to Motocross Races and Mountain Bike parks.
    Va Beach, VA

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, dealers don't make them. The factory does. I doubt if a dealer will take a door off a new unit and sell it to you. They can and I have seen odd things, but in reality, that is not going to happen.

You must have never run a business but in your personal life, you take care of yourself, your family, then others in that order. Same as business.

If you sell a door that could be used on a new unit [and your supplier has a limited amount of doors] you can make a small profit on a door or lose out on a sale of a new trailer. Selling trailers, keeps the doors open and your employee's employed. Keeps the bill collectors at bay too. Selling doors separately, make no business sense what so ever. If you think it does, then that's ok but you would not be a CEO very long.

Nothing to get upset about, it's the way it is. So, buy a new trailer and you can get that door. If not, wait until covid goes away. I do not see that happening anytime soon.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the past 30 years of working in the automotive field, I do not recall ever working with any world wide pandemic.

All business' are doing their best with the limited supplies they can get. You cannot compare anything from the past unless you lived with the Spanish flu. Give them a break.

I talked with a client that was telling me about a wife that was complaining to her husband about some trivial issues at home. He was coming back from work and heard her complaining. He told her, I have 50,000 employees that may be out of a job and her problem is nothing compared to what he's got at work. That person was an executive at Costco.

A door is nothing compared to what is really going on in the world and a large company like Grand Design. There are a lot of mistakes being made because there is no real comparison with past experiences. We all just need to relate that most of the stuff we are complaining about is really trivial.
    Last edited by Butcher; 09-15-2021 at 07:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have run and owned a business.. If it was a "we can order, but we have no idea on delivery date" that would be "covid normal".

I doubt "We will only sell you exactly what came on the unit" is a covid related policy, although COVID is what everything gets blamed for these days.

I never asked the dealer to take a door off anything. Just to order me one.

"I would like Lippert part number X, Y and Z, here is my money"

Talked with Lippert today, it will indeed go in with only minor mods, but they are not allowed to sell them direct to public as part of their agreement with OEMs, including GD.

I view this as no different than if I went to replace the Dometic oven with a Furrion.. It bolts in, but I bet they would sell me that.
    2019 GD Momentum 397TH
    Considering a 395
    22 Ford F-450
    Va Beach, VA

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A manager told me that their schedule is booked and they are telling customers to call back to make an appointment. I asked him, why is that, can't they make an appointment on the calendar? He said no because the software does not allow the schedule to be booked out that far.

Same way with other business'. Nobody knows when anything will be coming or going. Telling someone that you will take their money and you will give them an update is a sure fire way to make a client upset. It's best to tell them to call back. At least you do not take their money, try and figure out what account to put it in, call them back to tell them the part they ordered last year has jumped up in price [or is no longer available], and to deal with someone that expected to get the part in a reasonable amount of time.

I ordered some bicycle parts [Campagnolo EPS12] for a high dollar build of mine. I paid cash on January 2021. Still waiting for those parts. The standard ETA is we do not know and we will call you when it arrives. At this time, there still is not ETA. They offered my money back and I insisted that they keep it. Every few months they send me an update and tell me they still do not know and they express that they appreciate the patience I have shown. I highly doubt if the average person will be as patient as me. I asked them if I yelled and jumped up and down would the parts arrive sooner, he laughed and said no and please don't.

It's better to tell a person over the phone no. Better to have that person complain on a forum that no body will sell them a door vs taking their money and never supplying the door in a reasonable amount of time. No good business will sell a door when they could use that door on the production line. Yes, you can, when you have a bunch of doors, but until people understand the complications of the supply chain and the issues with covid, they will never ever understand why they cannot get a simple door.

I'm just explaining how it is, you do not have to agree, but you cannot use normal circumstances/experiences and expect them to be applied at this time.

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it was because they are influencers. I believe they even mentioned GD "wanted to try them out".
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2018 344GK. 2018 Chevy 3500 dually.
    Live every moment, because every day is a good day when the sun comes up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That link just brings me to the Lci page.

2019 GD Momentum 397TH
    Considering a 395
    22 Ford F-450
    Va Beach, VA

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lippert makes them. Anyone can order them.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast