User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camping at 25 degrees

We will be in southern Utah end of October in a 2021 Imagine xls 22mle. Lows should be no lower than 25 degrees. Should we worry about pipes freezing?
    What do you do in those temps ?
    Thanks!

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. I'm not familiar with Imagines too much. If they have an enclosed underbelly, they are usually heated. They only get heat if you run the furnace.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've camped with our 21bhe down to 25 deg temps and had no problem. We like it cool for sleeping so set the furnace to 50 deg. Also left the water heater on overnight which we normally turn off when we don't need hot water and I placed a trouble light with a 75w incandescent bulb in the pass thru by the docking station which was enough to keep that area above freezing.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bellacamps View Post
    We will be in southern Utah end of October in a 2021 Imagine xls 22mle. Lows should be no lower than 25 degrees. Should we worry about pipes freezing?
    What do you do in those temps ?
    Thanks!
    All the above are good hints.

We experienced cold temps (upper 20's) last Christmas while camping in Northern Florida. The night before the cold weather hit, we filled our fresh water tank and drained our hose and put it away. The next morning our neighbors were outside trying to figure out how to get water through a frozen water hose.

Sometimes the best tool you have when camping in cold weather is to just have a little bit of common sense.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have stayed in our 21BHE a couple times in below freezing without issue. The underbelly is enclosed and we ran the furnace. Only real difference is we had a heated water hose...
    South Central Texas
    2021 Imagine XLS 21BHE

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We often do it with our 22mle. The key is to keep the furnace on and the hot water tank. The furnace is what heats the underbelly where all the plumbing is. If it goes below freezing, disconnect the water hose going to get tt if it's not heated. We always keep about 1/3 water in the fresh tank for this. You'll want to get a small dehumidifier for inside the tt to help with the condensation that you get.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and expect the furnace to come on often so plan for lp. It's not that hard on lp but you don't wantbto run out.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Oh and expect the furnace to come on often so plan for lp. It's not that hard on lp but you don't wantbto run out.

We were caught in the Texas winter storm/blackout earlier this year. We were in our Imagine 2970RL. With temps in the mid 20s, our 30,000BTU furnace was running at a 39% duty cycle at 62 degrees in the trailer. With temps in the single digits, the duty cycle became 79%. I kept calculations so I could estimate when to change out tanks. I didn't want run out in the middle of the night. Also keep an eye on your battery, below a certain level the furnace will not fire. With a cheap dealer provided lead acid battery, I had to charge it from the truck every couple of hours. Best of luck. Frank.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fmartinmn View Post
    We were caught in the Texas winter storm/blackout earlier this year. We were in our Imagine 2970RL. With temps in the mid 20s, our 30,000BTU furnace was running at a 39% duty cycle at 62 degrees in the trailer. With temps in the single digits, the duty cycle became 79%. I kept calculations so I could estimate when to change out tanks. I didn't want run out in the middle of the night. Also keep an eye on your battery, below a certain level the furnace will not fire. With a cheap dealer provided lead acid battery, I had to charge it from the truck every couple of hours. Best of luck. Frank.
    I got the Mopeka tank sensors and really like them.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I got the Mopeka tank sensors and really like them.

2nd that, they work well.

To the OP, 25 degrees is no problem. Yes, water will freeze at 32, but 25 overnight, except for external hoses, you're probably not going to freeze anything in the RV with the furnace not on at all. Now, I wouldn't bet my water lines or pump on it, but I'd be kind of surprised if 25 as an overnight low broke a pipe (when the daytime temps are 40-50's, you'll get a lot of latent heat build up).

We've had our 351M down to about 10 or so degrees. It's comfortable, but I wish we'd gotten double pane windows in that type of weather. We do a lot of winter camping (unlike most, we don't use our RV very much/at all in the summer, we camp fall/winter/spring and then put it up for the hot weather), and honestly, for normal "cold" (not Montana cold!), just run the heat to a temp that's comfortable and make sure you protect the outdoor water hose.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast