Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    @SabreDriver

Can you please share a link or specific information to which fan you purchased on Amazon? There are too many to choose from.
    Does anyone know if there are better fans that will work and fit in the same spot?

I like the idea of separate fused wires run to each fan. I wonder if something like this would fit in the outside refrigerator compartment.

6-Way Fuse Block with Ground, 6 Circuit ATC/ATO Fuse Box Holder with Negative Bus, Protection Cover & LED Light Indication, Bolt Terminals, 70 pcs Stick Label, for Auto Marine, Boat, with 12 pcs Fuse https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X32KGF8...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    On Amazon, search for 120mm waterproof fan. Coolerguys will appear at or near the top of the list. $17.95 each right now. You will have to modify the power leads and put standard automotive blade connections on. They are rated at 0.36amp, 105cfm and 42db of noise, comparable to a residential fridge. I’m still using the replacement fan I got from the dealer. Waiting for the other original one to fail.

Almost any 120mm computer fan will work, you will pay a bit more for dust/waterproof. Just watch the current draw.

I like your fuse box idea. I may use it and create a separate 12v source for the fans, and put them on a switch, my fans don’t run until the outside air temp gets above about 80-85, but when they do, they push a fair amount of air out the upper fridge vent cover.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgm1121 View Post
    We had a 2019 320MKS with Dometic fridge. It worked just fine while setting still and level whether it was on electric or propane. But traveling, it would ruin food because it wouldn't cool. I checked frequently at stops to make sure the flame was on. Inside temps would sometimes be in the 50s when we reached our destination. We fought this thing and tried everything for 3 years and 30,000 RV miles. My conclusion after all this time was that the ammonia system had to be perfectly level to work and it couldn't do that bumping down the road. The fact that the fridge is in the very back wall of the 320MKS results in a lot more turbulence inside the fridge than if it were over the wheels. It is like a see-saw. If the truck goes down in a dip in the road, the back of the RV goes up, then goes down when it hits the dip. All the motion seems to be multiplied at the back of the RV. We couldn't store anything in the fridge door inside shelves because the bouncing broke off the shelf brackets. All the stuff in the fridge was tossed and shelves would fall. We cut pool noodles to wedge between items for stability. We finally traded the MKS for a 2022 337RLS that has a Norcold mounted over the wheels. We are in a totally different world now that the wife is happy!!
    How is your 337RLS fridge doing? Mine has problems. I'm in Bakersfield, CA

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbecker125 View Post
    How is your 337RLS fridge doing? Mine has problems. I'm in Bakersfield, CA
    It is doing fine now. But we just had to have the cooling unit replaced under warranty. We were in NJ in May and it stopped cooling. All the yellowish green refrigerant spilled onto the ground under the kitchen slide. We had to go out and buy a small dorm room refrigerator to finish our 2-month trip. Fingers crossed, but the repaired Norcold does fine except for that one time. What issues are you having?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2022 GD Reflection 337RLS Norcold 1210 fridge issue

Thanks for responding. We bought our Grand Design (GD) 2022 Reflection 337RLS in Bakersfield, CA in Oct 2021. We've yet to use the rig and it has been virtually idle on our side yard ever since purchase except for a couple times moving it. It gets hot here (104-106 lately).
    The fridge seems to be working until ambient temps exceed 90 degrees F. The cooling unit fans work (when bypassed to run constantly) but aren't able to move sufficient air to keep fridge within good temp specs; Overnight in cooler temps in "fans on mode", unit freezer and fridge temps seem good (-6 freezer/ 36 fridge) suggesting that the fridge is capable of cooling properly. Once ambient temps rise again, internal temps gradually rise to exceed 90, unit temps elevate to exceed 40 freezer/ 63 fridge and up. Adding an additional pusher fan to lower fridge unit (outside covers removed) constant on, the cooling behavior improves somewhat as it takes a bit longer to exceed acceptable cooling parameters. Example: 8am: 90 deg ambient; -9 freezer/ 39.9 fridge But, it does not remain stable. From there as ambient temps rise, interior unit temps climbed unable to sustain cool and freeze temps. In a short time, food spoilage would surely result.

I'm told by mobile techs that this fridge series is famously inefficient in temps approaching 90F and above. I'm not sure why GD would sell units to customers who live in, or use in hot locations. Anyway, I'd like to keep our dialog open and maybe together we can effect a suitable course correction and resolution at GD.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for responding. We bought our Grand Design (GD) 2022 Reflection 337RLS in Bakersfield, CA in Oct 2021. We've yet to use the rig and it has been virtually idle on our side yard ever since purchase except for a couple times moving it. It gets hot here (104-106 lately).
    The fridge seems to be working until ambient temps exceed 90 degrees F. The cooling unit fans work (when bypassed to run constantly) but aren't able to move sufficient air to keep fridge within good temp specs; Overnight in cooler temps in "fans on mode", unit freezer and fridge temps seem good (-6 freezer/ 36 fridge) suggesting that the fridge is capable of cooling properly. Once ambient temps rise again, internal temps gradually rise to exceed 90, unit temps elevate to exceed 40 freezer/ 63 fridge and up. Adding an additional pusher fan to lower fridge unit (outside covers removed) constant on, the cooling behavior improves somewhat as it takes a bit longer to exceed acceptable cooling parameters. Example: 8am: 90 deg ambient; -9 freezer/ 39.9 fridge But, it does not remain stable. From there as ambient temps rise, interior unit temps climbed unable to sustain cool and freeze temps. In a short time, food spoilage would surely result.

I'm told by mobile techs that this fridge series is famously inefficient in temps approaching 90F and above. I'm not sure why GD would sell units to customers who live in, or use in hot locations. Anyway, I'd like to keep our dialog open and maybe together we can effect a suitable course correction and resolution at GD.
    Read farther back in this thread and you will see the same issues over and over. If I continue to have issues, I will convert to a 120v residential refrigerator. We seldom camp without electrical hookups anyway.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fridge

Read farther back in this thread and you will see the same issues over and over. If I continue to have issues, I will convert to a 120v residential refrigerator. We seldom camp without electrical hookups anyway.
    Thanks. I'm gonna get with Norcold to see what remedies might exist...hopefully a deep dive

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice post! Do you use the fridge in temps >90F? Mine falls on its face then. I'm in Bakersfield, CA and the day temps are >105. What's been your experience? I'm dealing with Grand Design right now and see the issue spinning into a vortex of testing and retesting with no favorable resolution. They've been great to work on other issues but when it involves appliances, they defer to the appliance manufacturer. Your thoughts?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't ask you, have you observed performance in >90F temps?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't ask you, have you observed performance in >90F temps?
    No, we have only had our 337RLS for less than a year and only had a few days above 90 while we were out traveling. Most of those days were while we were using the temporary dorm fridge. The Norcold was useless because all the ammonia-blend had leaked out. We kept block ice the Norcold to keep a few items cold. It was basically a high-end cooler. I told my wife we had a $4000 ice box.

When we had our 2019 320MKS with the Dometic refrigerator, we traveled out west in 2019 and 2021 and had many days over 90 and over 100. It didn't do well at all. Ice cream was always soft and lower part was always not as cold as it should have been. I called Dometic a couple of times, and they weren't any help at all.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, we have only had our 337RLS for less than a year and only had a few days above 90 while we were out traveling. Most of those days were while we were using the temporary dorm fridge. The Norcold was useless because all the ammonia-blend had leaked out. We kept block ice the Norcold to keep a few items cold. It was basically a high-end cooler. I told my wife we had a $4000 ice box.

When we had our 2019 320MKS with the Dometic refrigerator, we traveled out west in 2019 and 2021 and had many days over 90 and over 100. It didn't do well at all. Ice cream was always soft and lower part was always not as cold as it should have been. I called Dometic a couple of times, and they weren't any help at all.
    We had our 337 out in Big Bend mid May of this year. Temps were constantly 105-107 every afternoon with no shade. the two A/C units struggled ALL day to keep up, but we never had an issue with the 1210. Sounds like we got lucky based on this thread. I will say we found out early that lower right hand refrigerator door when closed tends to pop open the left side door and you need to push it back closed nearly every time the right side is closed. This doesn't sound like the issue at hand but it does help the 1210 stay cool for us.

Dutchman2
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast