User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmm. Just bought a can of 3'n'1 silicone dry lube. Think I'll spray a styrofoam cup first just so I know.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    I should clarify -- when I say 'from the outside' I mean squirting some lock-ease (which is just graphite in a solvent that evaporates) into the keyhole
    Yes, I knew what you meant. I use dry graphite for keyhole lube and do the same. I was referring to trying to lubricate internal parts of the latch by externally spraying large quantities of lubricant.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried a couple of different silicone sprays on the door latch and they would help for awhile, but eventually they removed all the grease that was inside the latch and it became harder and harder to use. None of the sprays affected the foam, they just removed the factory grease and the locks/latches started to rub metal on metal. I almost ordered a new latch, but decided to take it apart before replacing and since nothing was broken I just filled it with thick silicone grease and put it back together. Its been working fine for almost a year now.
    Bill & Lisa
    2013 Ford F350 Platinum diesel
    2018 Reflection 303rls

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123