Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2019 344GK Soft Floor

HELP! We discovered a softening of the floor between the kitchen island and the slide out/stove. It has gotten worse quickly. 4 weeks and it has gone from a 1 foot x 1 foot area to several areas of similar size along the slide.
    I took out the panel under the sink and check for leaking sink water lines and actually was able to feel the insulation and it was dry. I actually keep a paper towel taped to the lines to check to see if they are wet but the connection I could not get to without removing the panel was the dishwasher prefab connection. ALL was dry.
    So I cannot think of any water line under that area. I am guessing I will have to take the coroplast off and check from underneath but I have just had back surgery and crawling around there will be a bit iffy for a few weeks.
    Has anyone had experience with this that could short cut me?
    Can I inspect this area from the cargo hold by removing the panels?
    Any tip will help.
    My experience level with repair is decent. I replaced a busted water heater connection. I replaced the computer card in the furnace and a few other things.

I have no slide toppers.
    We are full timers and we have never closed it up except to transport.
    yes we have driven in the rain but maybe 3 or 4 days since we have owned it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1984fireball View Post
    HELP! We discovered a softening of the floor between the kitchen island and the slide out/stove. It has gotten worse quickly. 4 weeks and it has gone from a 1 foot x 1 foot area to several areas of similar size along the slide.
    I took out the panel under the sink and check for leaking sink water lines and actually was able to feel the insulation and it was dry. I actually keep a paper towel taped to the lines to check to see if they are wet but the connection I could not get to without removing the panel was the dishwasher prefab connection. ALL was dry.
    So I cannot think of any water line under that area. I am guessing I will have to take the coroplast off and check from underneath but I have just had back surgery and crawling around there will be a bit iffy for a few weeks.
    Has anyone had experience with this that could short cut me?
    Can I inspect this area from the cargo hold by removing the panels?
    Any tip will help.
    My experience level with repair is decent. I replaced a busted water heater connection. I replaced the computer card in the furnace and a few other things.

I have no slide toppers.
    We are full timers and we have never closed it up except to transport.
    yes we have driven in the rain but maybe 3 or 4 days since we have owned it.
    It is almost certainly softening because it got wet. I had a friend with a soft floor in the bedroom. Turned out it was from a leak that was over 6 feet away.
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R
    Factory Solar, Factory Disk Brakes, Heat Pump

2017 Reflection 29RS (Sold)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker View Post
    It is almost certainly softening because it got wet. I had a friend with a soft floor in the bedroom. Turned out it was from a leak that was over 6 feet away.
    Thank you for your response. Guessing it must have gotten wet. However getting wet does not make it soft. Staying wet does. I was hoping that someone could direct me where to look before I got to it. Where it could be coming from. I still have a few more days before I can get under there due to recent back surgery. There is no above floor leak at the kitchen island and there does not seem to be any other water source until you get to the bathroom.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You said it was near the slidout. There are many ways to get water from a slideout area