User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USA in a Chevrolet View Post
    Solar Energy Systems, the company I recommended did my install in late August & provided me with the form. As you said your trailer qualifies as a second home.
    I just researched and found this document: https://www.energy.gov/sites/default...20-%202021.pdf
    It doesn't specifically state anything about RVs but assuming it is true that the RV can be considered a second home, it appears the incentive has been extended through Dec 2022 for the 26% credit?
    Last edited by Riverbug; 09-25-2021 at 03:49 PM.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    I just researched and found this document: https://www.energy.gov/sites/default...20-%202021.pdf
    It doesn't specifically state anything about RVs but assuming it is true that the RV can be considered a second home, it appears the incentive has been extended through Dec 2022 for the 26% credit?
    As long as it's self contained it can be claimed.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question, does everything have to be purchased in the same year? Reason I ask is I purchased lithium batteries in 2020 with the intention of going solar. Purchase was made during one of those Costco Lion Energy specials.

And an update, I have an appointment to install 1200W system at Solar Energy Systems early November.

Trying to decide if I need to winterize the plumbing since it will be worked on inside follow by my staying 2 nights at their site outside to verify system and have any questions answered. Since we moved from Flagstaff, AZ (where it does get below freezing and snows) to southern Georgia (where the population goes crazy if 2 snowflakes fall) we haven't needed to do anything but drain the system. Right now, I'm leaning towards drain the system and carry 2 5 gallon jugs of water to flush toilet and wash dishes.

SES has said early November normally is above freezing during day and might be in upper 20's at night.

For all you northerners, I have had 2 neighbors ask what the big, flat shovel is for (no joke). And my brother said "I guess you drove far enough south that people will ask you what a snow shovel is!" Guess he's right. Here for wife's job, thinking about heading north when she retires in 3 years (2008 was the year for me). SD, MT or maybe back to AK. We miss the change in seasons (winter here last year was Feb 15-16 when it got down to 37 at night).
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by more tired since retired View Post
    Question, does everything have to be purchased in the same year? Reason I ask is I purchased lithium batteries in 2020 with the intention of going solar. Purchase was made during one of those Costco Lion Energy specials.

And an update, I have an appointment to install 1200W system at Solar Energy Systems early November.

Trying to decide if I need to winterize the plumbing since it will be worked on inside follow by my staying 2 nights at their site outside to verify system and have any questions answered. Since we moved from Flagstaff, AZ (where it does get below freezing and snows) to southern Georgia (where the population goes crazy if 2 snowflakes fall) we haven't needed to do anything but drain the system. Right now, I'm leaning towards drain the system and carry 2 5 gallon jugs of water to flush toilet and wash dishes.

SES has said early November normally is above freezing during day and might be in upper 20's at night.

For all you northerners, I have had 2 neighbors ask what the big, flat shovel is for (no joke). And my brother said "I guess you drove far enough south that people will ask you what a snow shovel is!" Guess he's right. Here for wife's job, thinking about heading north when she retires in 3 years (2008 was the year for me). SD, MT or maybe back to AK. We miss the change in seasons (winter here last year was Feb 15-16 when it got down to 37 at night).
    If you have someone prepare your taxes ask them about the tax credit but I would assume you can combine the batteries with the system being installed. SES will give you the tax form you need. As for the weather you will not have a water hookup at SES. There is an outside hose spigot. So you will be using your fresh water tank. As you said your trailer will be inside the building during the day. If the temp goes down to the low twenties, & you’re worried about freezing, then you could plug an old fashioned 100 watt bulb in a work light into your basement. Rember that you’ll have heat on in the trailer & that will help a lot. I’m not familiar with your model but mine has a heat vent in the basement. One other thing I’ve done in substantially colder weather is to run the bathroom sink for 15 seconds if I need to get up to use bathroom during the night.

I suggest you consider additional solar panels if you can fit them. They are cheap compared to batteries. I believe the SES panels are approximately $250 each. We put on 1600 watts & if I run my 4 100 AH batteries down the solar panels will completely recharge them in about 6 hours. Last of all, do you mind sharing where you live in South Georgia. I was born in Tipton.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have someone prepare your taxes ask them about the tax credit but I would assume you can combine the batteries with the system being installed. SES will give you the tax form you need. As for the weather you will not have a water hookup at SES. There is an outside hose spigot. So you will be using your fresh water tank. As you said your trailer will be inside the building during the day. If the temp goes down to the low twenties, & you’re worried about freezing, then you could plug an old fashioned 100 watt bulb in a work light into your basement. Rember that you’ll have heat on in the trailer & that will help a lot. I’m not familiar with your model but mine has a heat vent in the basement. One other thing I’ve done in substantially colder weather is to run the bathroom sink for 15 seconds if I need to get up to use bathroom during the night.

I suggest you consider additional solar panels if you can fit them. They are cheap compared to batteries. I believe the SES panels are approximately $250 each. We put on 1600 watts & if I run my 4 100 AH batteries down the solar panels will completely recharge them in about 6 hours. Last of all, do you mind sharing where you live in South Georgia. I was born in Tipton.

Actually we live in Tifton. My wife is a professor at Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College (ABAC). As for panels, there is room for at least 2 additional panels, but I am pushing the budget past what I had figured. I plan on having additional wiring put in place for future additional panels.

Oh, and the gnats are still in charge here in Tifton.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by more tired since retired View Post
    Actually we live in Tifton. My wife is a professor at Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College (ABAC). As for panels, there is room for at least 2 additional panels, but I am pushing the budget past what I had figured. I plan on having additional wiring put in place for future additional panels.

Oh, and the gnats are still in charge here in Tifton.
    I don’t miss the gnats! I just mentioned the panels because of the relative cost versus batteries.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have someone prepare your taxes ask them about the tax credit but I would assume you can combine the batteries with the system being installed.
    Correct, batteries, wiring, installation (provided it is done by an installer and not yourself), and all other expenses directly related to the system appear to be covered by the tax credit.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12