Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stunuffer View Post
    Thanks for the help, I'll check to see if mine are the same.
    They are probably the same, as that is where they are on my 398M
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    This is a 6 point leveling system, Ground Control 3 as near as I can figure.

I pulled into my site, chocked the wheels, put my red round Andersen supports under the front legs, yellow blocks under the rest of the legs. Have about an inch to spare before the trailer nose has been raised and the truck unhitched. I then hit AutoLevel, the nose goes down all the way, but the motor continues to whine, and then get an Error. I can't remember what the Error was, CRS syndrome , but once cleared by Retract All, I could try again, with the same results. So I thought maybe the legs aren't moving enough to get their "set point". So I hooked up the truck, and removed the Andersen supports, and used a few yellow Camco yellow blocks, but shorter than the Andersen supports. I go through the same steps and now it works just fine.

My question is "Were the Andersen supports too high for this site?". We've used them before with no issues, but there was more clearance between the pads and the supports.

We've been 5th wheeling for about 15 years, but this is our first trailer with the AutoLevel system, and we're still learning.

TIA

Howard
    I had the exact same problem. In summary, your front jacks need to be able to retract enough to level the trailer, sometimes a little more. If you pull the pins and drop the inner shafts and/or put blocks under your front jacks, there won't be enough room on the main shafts for the jacks to retract enough, which will throw codes and affect the whole system. I don't release the inner shafts any more and only use thin blocks.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My main issue is that sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. I guess I'm going to start measuring to see how tall of a block I can use. There just seems to be no rhyme nor reason.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My main issue is that sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. I guess I'm going to start measuring to see how tall of a block I can use. There just seems to be no rhyme nor reason.
    I put a couple of the cheap little stick on bubble levels on the rig, so I can eyeball it when/if necessary. It seems to need to dip the nose to, at least, a few degrees below level (nose down, IOW), before it then goes into full leveling mode. If you're nose-high in the site, chances are ditch the buckets and blocks. If the nose is going to be low or it's a nicely level site, then the support buckets don't seem to effect auto-level.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a 6 point leveling system, Ground Control 3 as near as I can figure.

I pulled into my site, chocked the wheels, put my red round Andersen supports under the front legs, yellow blocks under the rest of the legs. Have about an inch to spare before the trailer nose has been raised and the truck unhitched. I then hit AutoLevel, the nose goes down all the way, but the motor continues to whine, and then get an Error. I can't remember what the Error was, CRS syndrome , but once cleared by Retract All, I could try again, with the same results. So I thought maybe the legs aren't moving enough to get their "set point". So I hooked up the truck, and removed the Andersen supports, and used a few yellow Camco yellow blocks, but shorter than the Andersen supports. I go through the same steps and now it works just fine.

My question is "Were the Andersen supports too high for this site?". We've used them before with no issues, but there was more clearance between the pads and the supports.

We've been 5th wheeling for about 15 years, but this is our first trailer with the AutoLevel system, and we're still learning.

TIA

Howard
    I recall someone else with a very similar issue and that was the determination...
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234