Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I forgot about the app. Thanks for reminding me. I don't know that the height was an issue, but it was fine once I removed the red buckets.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My last 5er had the 3.0 I was having the same problem and I read somewhere it needed a least 6 in of travel on front jacks. After that I had no more issues.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the input. Well, that would certainly be in line with my experience. That's one of those things that should be stated right up front, and if it was I sure overlooked it.
    Howard and Peggy

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    This is a 6 point leveling system, Ground Control 3 as near as I can figure.

I pulled into my site, chocked the wheels, put my red round Andersen supports under the front legs, yellow blocks under the rest of the legs. Have about an inch to spare before the trailer nose has been raised and the truck unhitched. I then hit AutoLevel, the nose goes down all the way, but the motor continues to whine, and then get an Error. I can't remember what the Error was, CRS syndrome , but once cleared by Retract All, I could try again, with the same results. So I thought maybe the legs aren't moving enough to get their "set point". So I hooked up the truck, and removed the Andersen supports, and used a few yellow Camco yellow blocks, but shorter than the Andersen supports. I go through the same steps and now it works just fine.

My question is "Were the Andersen supports too high for this site?". We've used them before with no issues, but there was more clearance between the pads and the supports.

We've been 5th wheeling for about 15 years, but this is our first trailer with the AutoLevel system, and we're still learning.

TIA

Howard
    While an auto-leveling system, there are limits as to what it will do. I ensure I am as level as possible from left to right and that the legs at all points are not too far for leveling. I leave a good 16 inches on the front legs for movement. That is the actual leg and not the sliding leg inside the fixed leg if that makes sense. This was my first of five RVs with an auto-leveling system. They advised that the front needs to travel at least 12-16 inches down before it begins leveling and also ensure the rear legs will not be overextended which will also error out, same for center legs. Left to right leveling is key, first of all. I added a front bubble to ensure left to right is close if not right on before I start auto level.
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the input, I'm leaning toward my issue is not having enough movement when the front goes down to start the auto level. The 12"-16" would certainly support that theory.
    Howard and Peggy

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terryriddle View Post
    While an auto-leveling system, there are limits as to what it will do. I ensure I am as level as possible from left to right and that the legs at all points are not too far for leveling. I leave a good 16 inches on the front legs for movement. That is the actual leg and not the sliding leg inside the fixed leg if that makes sense. This was my first of five RVs with an auto-leveling system. They advised that the front needs to travel at least 12-16 inches down before it begins leveling and also ensure the rear legs will not be overextended which will also error out, same for center legs. Left to right leveling is key, first of all. I added a front bubble to ensure left to right is close if not right on before I start auto level.
    My experience has been its not that picky. I've only had our 2021 for a couple of months so maybe something has changed but with our 2018 the main thing I had to make sure of was enough travel for the front jacks. If the site was too nose high it wouldn't work. The nose had to drop down past level to start the leveling process. How far depended on where it started from. Sometimes a few inches, sometimes more. I use the Anderson blocks all around unless I need the extra travel for the jack. Side to side was almost never an issue. It would auto level to the point where one side would pull the tires 3/4 inches off the ground if it had too. I only carry minimal blocking for under the tires and almost never use it.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my experience with the system is it works great, on solid ground that is well packed, but it seems if the ground is softish, the system settles a bit after the first level and then is off, If so I relevel an hour after the first time and it is a lot better.
    2019 375 RES Linen
    KI6KER General
    Home Base Phoenix

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have two of the Andersen round blocks, and have used them several times. That was what was odd about it not leveling. Did it no problem with shorter blocks, but wouldn't work
    with the Andersens. Go figure.
    Howard and Peggy

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not found a satisfactory explanation, but I found that I have to start the level cycle with the nose low every time, otherwise the front will go down to the ground where I stop it before it bottoms out.

I wish someone would explain the mechanics to me...
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fez111 View Post
    I have not found a satisfactory explanation, but I found that I have to start the level cycle with the nose low every time, otherwise the front will go down to the ground where I stop it before it bottoms out.

I wish someone would explain the mechanics to me...
    Before messing with the calibration, make sure all of the sensors are properly attached. My rear sensor had the scews stripped, and wasn't attached to anything. Being free to flop around, calibrating would have been impossible.... In fact once I reattached it with rivets, it worked perfectly ever since. I never did calibrate it.... I think this may be the primary cause of units needing recalibration,,,, If the sensor moves in the underbelly, it will lose its calibration. I can think of no other reason why it should just "need" periodic calibration.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast