Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auto Level Error Question

This is a 6 point leveling system, Ground Control 3 as near as I can figure.

I pulled into my site, chocked the wheels, put my red round Andersen supports under the front legs, yellow blocks under the rest of the legs. Have about an inch to spare before the trailer nose has been raised and the truck unhitched. I then hit AutoLevel, the nose goes down all the way, but the motor continues to whine, and then get an Error. I can't remember what the Error was, CRS syndrome , but once cleared by Retract All, I could try again, with the same results. So I thought maybe the legs aren't moving enough to get their "set point". So I hooked up the truck, and removed the Andersen supports, and used a few yellow Camco yellow blocks, but shorter than the Andersen supports. I go through the same steps and now it works just fine.

My question is "Were the Andersen supports too high for this site?". We've used them before with no issues, but there was more clearance between the pads and the supports.

We've been 5th wheeling for about 15 years, but this is our first trailer with the AutoLevel system, and we're still learning.

TIA

Howard
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the site was too unlevel to begin with. The auto level system attempts to get as close to level front to back first, so it seems it was trying to keep lowering the nose, but there wasn't any more room for retracting the front jacks. You could either remove the anderson buckets or find a different site.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input. I did remove the Andersen supports and there is room under the pads for the supports to fit now that the unit is level. The site is fairly level, not that far off.
    Howard and Peggy

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That seems strange. Was it a one time only thing or had it done this at other sites?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has only happened that one time. Odd, but hopefully a one-time occurrence.
    Howard and Peggy

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same happened last time out, on a perfectly level site.
    A few weeks before, I had forgotten to disconnect the batteries and they were run all the way down - stock garbage car batteries. Charged back up, but now they are weaker.
    In my situation, error occurred at same point due to weak batteries - I attempted to autolevel from battery power. Plugging into shore power before leveling solved the problem.
    Also note if you have the Lippert app on a device, you can manually level the 6-point system by zone, but, obviously, probably not a good idea to override an error before knowing why it occurred.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM0397 View Post
    Same happened last time out, on a perfectly level site.
    A few weeks before, I had forgotten to disconnect the batteries and they were run all the way down - stock garbage car batteries. Charged back up, but now they are weaker.
    In my situation, error occurred at same point due to weak batteries - I attempted to autolevel from battery power. Plugging into shore power before leveling solved the problem.
    Also note if you have the Lippert app on a device, you can manually level the 6-point system by zone, but, obviously, probably not a good idea to override an error before knowing why it occurred.
    I mistakenly thought the flashing red light was low battery, so I hooked up shore power before trying again. Then read that flashing red was an error message. I'm leaning toward the belief it was caused by the
    front legs not being able to lower the nose far enough to start the AutoLevel.
    Howard and Peggy

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    I mistakenly thought the flashing red light was low battery, so I hooked up shore power before trying again. Then read that flashing red was an error message. I'm leaning toward the belief it was caused by the
    front legs not being able to lower the nose far enough to start the AutoLevel.
    In my experience the front jacks drop lower than level and then work back up in the front to start the auto level process. I don't know why. If I notice that I don't have much travel for the front to drop than I won't use autolevel.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you level without using AutoLevel? All manually? I don't even have levels like on the previous Fuzion.
    Howard and Peggy

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    How do you level without using AutoLevel? All manually? I don't even have levels like on the previous Fuzion.
    Yes, On our current unit I can manually level from the one control app. On our previous unit I would have to go inside and use the screen and put it in manual mode. It was rare that it was a problem. Usually not using the Anderson blocks, just using a pc of wood was enough unless the site was pretty far out front to back.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast