Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Screen door gaurd.

I have a 260RD with a 30" entry door. I bought a white metal screen gaurd at Lowes that is for 30" - 36" wide for $36. Trimmed the mount arms on the top so they would slide into the channel inside of the screen and cut lower ones short enough to install 2 3/4" #8 round head screws to secure it. I think it looks good. Could paint it black to match the door trim but white isn't too bad. Matches back of door.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210915_143701-1.jpg  
    Last edited by Thpose; 09-15-2021 at 07:46 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thpose View Post
    I have a 260RD with a 30" entry door. I bought a white metal screen gaurd at Lowes that is for 30" - 36" wide for $36. Trimmed the mount arms on the top so they would slide into the channel inside of the screen and cut lower ones short enough to install 2 3/4" #8 round head screws to secure it. I think it looks good. Could paint it black to match the door trim but white isn't too bad. Matches back of door.
    Nice work. Now you need the interior crossbar handle to go across the mid divider. I installed a Camco grill with the cross bar and was amazed at how it stiffened the screen door.
    https://supplyonline.com/camco-42186...yABEgIX-PD_BwE
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good idea. Won't work on my door. There sides aren't wide enough to mount it. The gaurd stiffens up the door quite a bit.
    Last edited by Thpose; 09-18-2021 at 12:10 PM.