User Tag List

Thread: Propane Use

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Propane Use

Hi! I just purchased a Transcend Xplor 260 and am setting it up to live in full time. I'm curious what other people's experiences were with propane use and what the best way to go is when it comes to tank size and how long it lasts cooking, heating, etc.

Thanks so much.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nsanregret View Post
    Hi! I just purchased a Transcend Xplor 260 and am setting it up to live in full time. I'm curious what other people's experiences were with propane use and what the best way to go is when it comes to tank size and how long it lasts cooking, heating, etc.

Thanks so much.
    You mentioned that you will be living in it full time. Is it being parked or will you be traveling with it?
    You do understand that there are very many variables? It will be hard to give you an answer.

Example: Will you be heating your unit with the propane? Daily showers, and meal preps? This is just the start
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As mentioned, a little more info is required to more accurately answer that question. A signature with model and location would really benefit.
    We just returned from a 15 day trip were the furnace would come on most nights with a few more then others. We mostly cook at the tt either inside but mostly outside either way using propane. We traveled every other day with the fridge on lp. Our stays were mostly full hookups with the exception of 4 nights. We went through a full 20 lb tank and 10% of the second.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nsanregret View Post

Thanks so much.
    The other folks here are right, that more information is needed. Being full-time you find that the focus of your daily life is logistics. Food, fuel, propane, water, electricity, internet, waste tanks, laundry. Where will I be camping? Do we have hookups, electricity, 15/30/50 amp, or dry-camping? What is the weather like, temperature? Everything needs to be considered every day.

For me, right now we are in So Cal, temperatures mostly in the 70's and 80's. We have 30amp, water and grey-water dump at the site. Staying 8 days so trying to use the campground bathrooms to save black tank. At night we turn on our electric fireplace which gives off just enough heat to take the chill off. Got a little rain today so tonight I expect to use the propane furnace. If we had an electric blanket I'd use that instead of the propane. I'm using the campground showers but my wife is showering onboard. We are cooking all our meals on board.

I have two 8-gallon (30lb) tanks, right now I'm going through about one tank per month. Your rig comes with two 20lb tanks. Not sure if it will take 40lb.

My coach has two 8-gallon tanks. If your rig will take them, the 8 gallon tanks are probably best.
    2023 Reflection 150, Model 280RS
    Tow Vehicle - 2022 Ram 2500