User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It appears you got a loy of good information. Good Luck with your new rig and Enjoy the journey!
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We live in the NW suburbs of the twin cities. Bought our 303RLS from Pleasureland in Ramsey this spring. We love it. We’ve had a few minor issues which I think are to be expected. A broken screw in a cabinet hinge, a water leak in the connection to the water heater and a fan broke off the back of the fridge. We have camped for 30 years and this is our first 5th wheel. Much more technology than we previously had, but forums like this and YouTube really helped prepare us and made everything easy to figure out. Backing it into a site was my greatest fear. The 33 foot pull behind was easy, but this one is a bit more challenging. After practicing in a parking lot I felt much more confident and I’m happy to report that after 4 trips I’m no longer feeling anxiety as I get to my site. Enjoy!
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let the dealer know your expectations and that you will be coming in with an extensive PDI list. We checked everything front to rear and from the roof to the under carriage. There were a few areas on the roof which required some additional lap sealant. We checked the water in the battery (low). Our dealer (Coachlight RV in Carthage Missouri) was great. We did not sign anything until all issues on the PDI were corrected.

We love the 303 but after 4 years, the kitchen slide has now decided to put a groove in to the floor in front of the island.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    Let the dealer know your expectations and that you will be coming in with an extensive PDI list. We checked everything front to rear and from the roof to the under carriage. There were a few areas on the roof which required some additional lap sealant. We checked the water in the battery (low). Our dealer (Coachlight RV in Carthage Missouri) was great. We did not sign anything until all issues on the PDI were corrected.

We love the 303 but after 4 years, the kitchen slide has now decided to put a groove in to the floor in front of the island.
    Thanks Geoff....good advice.
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BEFORE you give sign anything OR give them any more money take that PDI list and be sure it is completed to your satisfaction. If they want to make a sale, at this point a slam dunk, they will appease you. If you intend to use them as a servicing dealer for warranty it would be a good indicator.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring a level with you and check to see if the leveling system has been calibrated. We did not know to check until we got home and parked ours. Had to do some internet searching to find out how to calibrate the level.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkm98584 View Post
    Bring a level with you and check to see if the leveling system has been calibrated. We did not know to check until we got home and parked ours. Had to do some internet searching to find out how to calibrate the level.
    Good call......thanks
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    I put a deposit on a new 2022 Reflection 303RLS today.....while driving highway 2 in Minnesota....pulling my 230RL....lol, funny how things happen.

I'll be picking it up next week......ok, i have a few quick question of you GD owners that have bought brand new campers before, especially the Reflection 303rls I have not bought brand new so, other than what they are going to show me on the "walk through", what items in particular do i need to look for/inspect/be aware of that they might or might not show me?
    I've bought new vehicles before and know quite a bit about mechanical issues, but know nothing other than what the salesman/service guy will show me.

Thanks all.
    One option would be to check this website to find a local certified inspector. They will do a great job inspecting your new trailer, developing a punch list and discussing the issues with the dealer. They have several levels of service and each one has a little different approach to their services. It is well worth the few hundred dollars if might cost to get a pro to do the inspection. its the RV equivalent of a home inspection.

https://nrvia.org/locate/

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few issues on our 303.

1. Recall on LP regulator
    2. Recall on microwave / convection oven.
    3. See how long it takes for fridge to get to proper temps.
    4. Check for saw dust and dirt in cabinets, drawers, carpets and lights.
    5. Have dealer pull the wheels and check for grease on the brakes. Sometimes the transport people do this to get better gas mileage.
    6. Check to see if baffles are properly installed in upper fridge door outside vent. Blocks exhaust cooling air.

We love our 303 and Grand Design

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    I put a deposit on a new 2022 Reflection 303RLS today.....while driving highway 2 in Minnesota....pulling my 230RL....lol, funny how things happen.

I'll be picking it up next week......ok, i have a few quick question of you GD owners that have bought brand new campers before, especially the Reflection 303rls I have not bought brand new so, other than what they are going to show me on the "walk through", what items in particular do i need to look for/inspect/be aware of that they might or might not show me?
    I've bought new vehicles before and know quite a bit about mechanical issues, but know nothing other than what the salesman/service guy will show me.

Thanks all.
    A little late, but........... We are on our third RV. Some PDI show you how to turn things on and off. Make sure it does turn on and off and stays on for around 5 minutes. The frig is a good example..it works both electric and propane. Make sure both run the frig for a period of time.
    Slides...make sure they go all the way out and retract back fully.
    Just on and on with anything that has a switch or dial.

Just remember...once you pull it off the lot, you are a warranty customer not a paying customer. Warranty repairs typically are not their priority.
    2019 303 RLS Reflection 5er (nickname - Coyote)
    2019 F250 Lariat FX4 CC SRW 160" WB, (nickname - Silverback) 6.7L diesel, 3.55 gears, 10K GVWR, 20" wheels, Tow Package, B&W Champion Slider
    Dennis, Judy, and Shelby (Lab-Rhodesian Ridgeback)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast