User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My new 2022 303RLS

I put a deposit on a new 2022 Reflection 303RLS today.....while driving highway 2 in Minnesota....pulling my 230RL....lol, funny how things happen.

I'll be picking it up next week......ok, i have a few quick question of you GD owners that have bought brand new campers before, especially the Reflection 303rls I have not bought brand new so, other than what they are going to show me on the "walk through", what items in particular do i need to look for/inspect/be aware of that they might or might not show me?
    I've bought new vehicles before and know quite a bit about mechanical issues, but know nothing other than what the salesman/service guy will show me.

Thanks all.
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    I put a deposit on a new 2022 Reflection 303RLS today.....while driving highway 2 in Minnesota....pulling my 230RL....lol, funny how things happen.

I'll be picking it up next week......ok, i have a few quick question of you GD owners that have bought brand new campers before, especially the Reflection 303rls I have not bought brand new so, other than what they are going to show me on the "walk through", what items in particular do i need to look for/inspect/be aware of that they might or might not show me?
    I've bought new vehicles before and know quite a bit about mechanical issues, but know nothing other than what the salesman/service guy will show me.

Thanks all.
    PDI, PDI, PDI! Do a Pre-delivery Inspection BEFORE you sign anything, and have them fix the issue before you sign anything as well!

Other than that, the walkthrough is to "familiarize" the customer with the coach, and everything in it. To me, is more of a "here's how you turn everything on, here's how you turn everything off, here's how you open the doors/slides/awning, here's how you open the sleeper sofa"... Almost like a dog and pony show.

EDIT: congratulations, by the way!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google "RV pre-delivery inspection checklist" and download one. There quite a few out there. I downloaded one and printed it out for the couple who bought our Reflection and it was pretty comprehensive. It had a section for motorhome stuff, but also had all the items for towables, too.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a post I started that I attached a pretty comprehensive PDI to. Just search for posts started by me.

Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are a few PDI forms you can download and print off
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...rms-(Multiple)
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Google "RV pre-delivery inspection checklist" and download one. There quite a few out there. I downloaded one and printed it out for the couple who bought our Reflection and it was pretty comprehensive. It had a section for motorhome stuff, but also had all the items for towables, too.

Rob
    Thanks Rob, will do.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    I have a post I started that I attached a pretty comprehensive PDI to. Just search for posts started by me.

I looked under your name, saw a few post, none relevant to a checklist.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Here are a few PDI forms you can download and print off
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...rms-(Multiple)
    You are a rock star whittle.
    Thanks

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not so much on this forum, but out on the Facebook, there are so many people complaining about issues with their new RV. I look at the issue and think to myself (and want to type it in BOLD), why wasn't that caught in the PDI? Don't be one of those people

Make sure you check everything. When you check the hot water, check it at every sink and shower. While there, look under every sink for leaks. When you turn on AC or heat, check for air flow at every outlet, not just one. If the fridge is 12V and propane, fire it up on both. This one is tough as it takes so long to cool down. Good to do this first and let it run during the entire PDI. Open every drawer and cabinet. Check for fit and finish. Open and close every exterior storage compartment. Check for evidence of leaks. If any are pass-through, close one and look from the other side to see if any light leakage. Look underneath. Check how well the underbelly is covered. Make sure the edges of the underbelly are sufficiently secured under trim if installed like that. Take video or at least pictures during the PDI.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    Not so much on this forum, but out on the Facebook, there are so many people complaining about issues with their new RV. I look at the issue and think to myself (and want to type it in BOLD), why wasn't that caught in the PDI? Don't be one of those people

Make sure you check everything. When you check the hot water, check it at every sink and shower. While there, look under every sink for leaks. When you turn on AC or heat, check for air flow at every outlet, not just one. If the fridge is 12V and propane, fire it up on both. This one is tough as it takes so long to cool down. Good to do this first and let it run during the entire PDI. Open every drawer and cabinet. Check for fit and finish. Open and close every exterior storage compartment. Check for evidence of leaks. If any are pass-through, close one and look from the other side to see if any light leakage. Look underneath. Check how well the underbelly is covered. Make sure the edges of the underbelly are sufficiently secured under trim if installed like that. Take video or at least pictures during the PDI.
    Great advice Capt, this being our first "new" camper, just don't know what to expect. I have worked PD in aerospace and have been with customers doing PDI's on business jets, and also am mechanically inclined, so all should go well.....creeper.....hmmmm, they should have a creeper, maybe i should take mine.
    Thanks again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast