User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Tank Smell

We have a 2021 315RTLS Reflection and are experiencing the smell of sewage in the bathroom and in the bedroom near the wall/drawers adjacent to the bathroom. We clean the black tank every two to three days, rinsing the tank well and dropping deodorizing tablets into the tank but we still are experience the smell.

Has anyone had the same experience? If so, what have you done to resolve the situation?

Appreciate you help!

Jeff Keller

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lrush10423 View Post
    We have a 2021 315RTLS Reflection and are experiencing the smell of sewage in the bathroom and in the bedroom near the wall/drawers adjacent to the bathroom. We clean the black tank every two to three days, rinsing the tank well and dropping deodorizing tablets into the tank but we still are experience the smell.

Has anyone had the same experience? If so, what have you done to resolve the situation?

Appreciate you help!

Jeff Keller
    It could be coming from the gray tank. Is your gray valve always close when hooked up or open? If open, it could be the cg sewer system gas making their way in. If closed, it could be your aav valve that has failed. This should be located under you bathroom sink.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with checking the AAV as noted above. If you open the under sink vanity door and it gets worse; likely your culprit. Fairly cheap and easy change out. I was able to remove it with no tools. I just did some teflon tape over the threads and put the new one back on by hand as well.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response. We will try replacing the AAV as you suggest. We do not leave the gray water line open when we are parked so hope it is the AAV valve.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lrush10423 View Post
    Thanks for the response. We will try replacing the AAV as you suggest. We do not leave the gray water line open when we are parked so hope it is the AAV valve.
    But if there's no smell in the cabinet under your sink where this valve is located then that valve is probably not the source.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    But if there's no smell in the cabinet under your sink where this valve is located then that valve is probably not the source.

On our new 378, we had "the smell". It seemed to concentrate in the hallway outside the bathroom and even in the MBR. When opening the sink cabinet, there was no noticeable smell. I replaced both (kitchen and bath) AAVs anyway with the Studor valves. No smell since. The old AAVs seemed to work when I tested them. Make of that what you will.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not familiar with your RV, but the black tank vent on the roof could be the source if its near an open roof vent and wind is favorable in that direction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk