User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be really interested to see if the other party agrees to pay for such a warranty. If it were me personally, I wouldn't agree to that, but maybe if the insurance companies talk, they would.

My position would be that my insurance paid for your repairs, based on the estimate you provided (or your insurance adjuster provided), from the shop of your choice (presumably), and the assumption is said shop repaired it competently and no unseen damage was incurred.

After the repairs, how would either party know if the accident caused the resultant/unforeseen damage or the traveling earthquake did. If your plumbing springs a leak a couple trips down the road, how would anyone know the root cause was due to the accident or just a result of normal wear and tear.

You could argue it was a result of the twisting etc incurred as a result of the accident, but I would argue that it wasn't, and things happen to these trailers even in perfect condition.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update - - - UGH, kind of, but a long awaited Yeah!!!.
    W are finally getting our trailer back, just over six full months without it. Really Sucked bit time. But we made it through.
    Long story short. We waited forever due to products being delayed, back ordered, messed up orders etc.
    I inspected everything yesterday and all looks great.
    I do want to express my disappointment with the insurance company the lady has. But it is really what she has. she has a whopping 20K in coverage. That doesn't even cover the expense of the truck, let alone the trailer and the out of pocket cost.
    Will I pursue in court, maybe if I can't get the majority from her directly, yeah, good luck with that. So I guess besides venting a little, I do want to say we are looking forward to getting back on the road. It will take a few days to get it all back together, but will get r done. Lastly, just read through your policy, I have learned that underinsured or uninsured on our policy is for bodily injury and doesn't help with the collision of property damage. California, minimum of 5K. that won't barely pay for anything.
    All in all, we are safe, no one got hurt, (except my attitude) but it is what it is.
    Thanks for listening. see you on the road,
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12