Quote Originally Posted by maddog View Post
I have a 2016 Reflection 303RLS and just bought a 2021 GMC 3/4 ton crew cab. I took it to the scales and think I am within my limits but getting close.

My allowable Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) is 11,300 lbs and with my truck and trailer on the scale, my truck is weighing in at 10,660 pounds leaving me only 640 pounds for additional gear/passengers in the truck.

My trucks Rear Gross Axle Weight Rating (RGAWR) is 6,600 pounds and with the trailer hooked up the rear axle is weighing in at 5,880 leaving me 720 under that rating.

I estimate my trailer had about 1/3 of the water tank full and about 1-1/2 full bottles of propane. With a couple small Honda 2000 generators added, full water, and some more gear/food (which I was pretty full with firewood, gear, and pantry stocked) I think I would still be within my tow ratings. That being said, I have noticed a little more bouncing up and down going down the highway, mostly on poor roads. My 2006 3/4 ton Silverado extened cab did not seem to do that.... not sure if that is due to the longer wheel base?? Think I am going to look into some air bags.... any thoughts or recommendations on that would be welcome.

Attached are my scale readings and the original weights of the camper off the assembly line.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Truck and Trailer Weights.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	37030Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empty Trailer Weight from Mfg.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	37031
Diesel or Gas engine? Guessing Diesel?

I have a 2022 Chevy 2500 LTZ 4X4 6.6D w/ally - our numbers are close, but mine numbers are a tick higher: GCWR 27,500, Gooseneck 18,500, Payload 3268, etc.

Wonder what changed between 2021 or 2022 or what's the difference between a GMC vs Chevy?

I spent time trying to find the "heaviest 3/4 ton" as I could find. Most one tons I found were within 200-230 lbs of the 3/4 ton I bought.