User Tag List

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like to me you are already upside down!
    I am also looking hard at a 303RLS prior to that a Solitude S-Class 2930 (have not ruled out). I thought a 250/2500 HD diesel was plenty. But after researching many hours on u-tube and other RV sites and discussing with people and doing my calculations, I have come to the conclusion that a 250/2500 diesel WILL NOT do it SAFELY when loaded with what I expect to take. And that is me leaving the wife home but the dog comes with me. I am not going to take that chance or liability. So when I can get my hand on a 350/3500 diesel SRW that is when I will make a move. I can not use a dually (for various reasons) although totally the best 5th wheel towing truck. The 350/3500 SRW is about the same size as a 250/2500 and cost new about $3-4K more.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oildriller View Post
    It looks like to me you are already upside down!
    I am also looking hard at a 303RLS prior to that a Solitude S-Class 2930 (have not ruled out). I thought a 250/2500 HD diesel was plenty. But after researching many hours on u-tube and other RV sites and discussing with people and doing my calculations, I have come to the conclusion that a 250/2500 diesel WILL NOT do it SAFELY when loaded with what I expect to take. And that is me leaving the wife home but the dog comes with me. I am not going to take that chance or liability. So when I can get my hand on a 350/3500 diesel SRW that is when I will make a move. I can not use a dually (for various reasons) although totally the best 5th wheel towing truck. The 350/3500 SRW is about the same size as a 250/2500 and cost new about $3-4K more.
    Agree 100%, will probably go home, (lucky that it winter or somewhat off season), and warch dor a diesel 3500, eirher in Ram or GMC (Looking at video's and reading comparisons between 6.6 Duramax and 6.7 Cummins).
    Thanks for your input oildriller.

Ray
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pull my 2021 303RLS with a F250 Gas and have no problems with it. I do wish that I had a your cummings engin when I am pulling up dome of the steep roads around Pigeon Forge Tennessee. I think that you will be very happy with the performance of your Ram 2500.

Bill Davis
    Plant City, Florida
    Bill & Kathy
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    2018 Ford F-250 XLT 4X4 SWD Gas 6.2
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2006 4x4 RAM diesel 2500 short bed and pull a 2018 303RLS Reflection just fine with an Andersen hitch with the offset gooseneck ball for clearance. From California to South Carolina with many stops in between over months. I did add the overload Hellwig 4 leaf spring package, Airlift air bags, 19" Rickson steel wheels, a Hellwig Big Wig sway bar, 4 Mono-Max shocks and a 2" front spacer leveling kit back when I carried a Lance 855S slider camper that weighed almost 4,000 pounds, so I'm pretty sure I'm set suspension-wise. The axle itself is the same between the 2500 and 3500 trucks that year.
    I also have a front receiver hitch and carry a 300 pound motorcycle on that as well. I notice both the ride comfort and steering feel better with the motorcycle on as opposed to when I don't take it. I guess the extra weight on the front axle smooths the front suspension stiffness.
    Last edited by Ski Pro 3; 09-22-2021 at 02:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I own a 2018 303rls. I also own a 2013 Ram 2500HD Cummings crew cab 4wd 8' bed truck. I have been towing my 5th wheel from day one with this truck. Not once have I felt overloaded or unsafe on the hwy. My truck tows this 5th wheel like a dream. I also have many other friends doing the same thing with even heavier trailers. I can't vouch for what the law says about it or what the actual rating is on the truck but I can say IMO you can tow your 5th wheel with full confidence anywhere you go. Hope you love your 303rls I know we do! Safe travels Cheers!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    After all the post about pullers and campers.....i was just curious, since i have a 2020 Ram 2500 with Cummins goung to be pulling a new 303, just whom out there pulls a 303 with a 3/4 truck of anykind, and what do you think?

Lol......my wife is laughing at me that next.....i will want a 3500. I told her that the 3/4 ton is quite capable and i won't be trading up in puller.

Thanks
    I pull the heavier 337RLS with the same truck as yours, same year even. Very smooth, safe feeling, truck level front to back. Per my research and thoughts on the topic as to why I will continue:
    1) The 10k weight GVWR is a limit created many years ago that is an artificial cap for Class 2b vehicles like 3/4 ton trucks. It has NOTHING to do with the capacity of the actual vehicle from an engineering perspective. It is broad sweeping, irrespective of the vehicle's build and separates heavier vehicles that need a DOT number and safety requirements. Thus, an 8000 lbs truck like ours will have 2000 lb payload.
    2) Some states allow this GVWR to be determined by the owner and registered as such, but not many. Again, this is an artificial cap, not determined by engineering of the vehicle.
    3) I can NOT find any real data on insurance denial or other liabilities of being over the GVWR. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist, but couldn't find. Several people mentioned law enforcement being concerned with GCWR (see below), but not GVWR.
    4) I am mainly concerned with the engineering limits of my truck - GAWR of 6040 lbs, rear tire limits around 7600 lbs, and the GCWR of RV plus truck (as should reflect capability of braking etc). Thus, I am comfortable towing with my Ram 2500 Cummins from an engineering perspective since I weighed everything on CAT scales and have a 2700 pin on my 337RLS loaded out, rear wheel weight of 5740, and way below the GCWR.
    5) In pulling, cross wind, hills, hard stops, I feel no concerns, and feels similar to my older 6000 lb travel trailer. I did install the Reese Goosebox, which is a dream - not a single clunk, squeak, noise, nothing while towing. Lightens the pin a little, maybe 50lbs, over the standard pin box plus 5th wheel hitch. An Anderson UH setup is also lighter.

You have to decide yourself which path to take. There are definitely two camps here.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 2500 HD/Cummins Night Ed
    Missour-uh

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulling this same trailer with a 2500 6.6L gas engine and pulls like a dream. I even drive with the cruise control on to control my speed, otherwise I am doing a buck 25 without realizing it. I recently had my rig weighed and here is how I netted out. I carry a lot of crap with the basement full. We are not full timers but campers but dont like to get caught missing something we might need.

Here are my weight details:

TRUCK & TRAILER WEIGHT
    Steer axle wt 4200 lbs vs GAWR FRT 5600 lbs
    Drive axle wt 6460 lbs vs GAWR RR 6600 lbs
    Trailer axle wt 9240 lbs vs
    TRUCK WEIGHT ONLY
    Steer axle wt 4240 lbs
    Drive axle wt 3920 lbs
    CALCULATIONS
    Gross combined wt 19900 lbs vs GCWR 24,000 lbs
    Truck wt hitched 10660 lbs vs GCWR 10,650 lbs
    Wruck wt only 8160 lbs vs TWR 16,620 lbs
    Camper wt only 11,780 lbs vs GVWR (camper) 11,995 lbs
    Pin wt 2540 lbs (21.6%)

So the truck hitched is at its rated capacity and the trailer is close to its capacity as well. I am not worried about the truck as there is a factor of safety built in and I have the trailer brakes set pretty aggressively so no issues with braking distance or control. Back end is heavy enough given the difference in front axle weight hitched and unhitched. IMO the 3/4 Ton is plenty for the trailer but would recommend you get weighed and look at the data as it will tell you a lot about your weight distribution and how it lines up with your trucks (and trailers) capacities.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails truck specs.pdf  
    2020 Chev Silverado 2500 (6.0L Gas)
    2021 Reflection 303RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As you can see, we also have a 3/4T Ford F250 King Ranch and a 303RLS. The problem is cargo weight in the truck. After weighing and realizing we were about 500+ pounds overweight on the pin, we started looking at replacing our much loved "BAT". Talked to our dealer last night. We have a 2022 F350 Lariat ordered. Don't know when we're going to see it, but it will give us the headroom we need.
    Herve & Chris Mann
    2022 Ford F-350 Lariat 4X4 CC SRW 6.7 Antimatter Blue
    2021 Reflection 303RLS with Reese Goosebox
    Shadow, Fizzgig and Cookie, our cats (Pouncival RIP)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 303rls1

Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    After all the post about pullers and campers.....i was just curious, since i have a 2020 Ram 2500 with Cummins goung to be pulling a new 303, just whom out there pulls a 303 with a 3/4 truck of anykind, and what do you think?

Lol......my wife is laughing at me that next.....i will want a 3500. I told her that the 3/4 ton is quite capable and i won't be trading up in puller.

Thanks
    I’ve been pulling one for three years now , my tow vehicle
    Is an 2018 High County with a Duramax Diesel, you should be
    just fine

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were considering the 337RLS or 315RLTS. Currently have a 2022 F250 Lariat with a payload of 2892 lbs. On par with an F350, due to the Max towing package.

For now, with the high prices of 1 and 2 year old models, we are going to hold on to our 2600RB and wait for a 315RLTS...most likely.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast