User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide out fuse turns red when touched

2021 Reflection 150. 1st timer 1st post couldn’t find a similar thread. I noticed my lippert control panel in the pass through storage had no power. The 12V30A fuse was red. I barely touched it and the red light went off. If I keep touching it the light turns off and on every time. I took it out to try and reseat it but still happens. Electrical is not my forte. Any help would be appreciated? Should I replace fuse? I have it with light not red now and lippert control has power.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With that type of intermittent function, it could be a bad fuse, a bad connection, or a bad wire, or worst of all bad circuit board. Personally I would start with replacing the fuse. Easiest to do and the logical place to start. If it still is wonky, you really should track down the problem. A bad connection can lead to high resistance and resultant high heat, maybe melting-type high heat. If you are uncomfortable or don't feel like you know where to start, then you need to have someone track it down. Perhaps a local mobile RV repairman.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like the fuse has a loose connection. Try tightening the sprung where the fuse sits.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    It sounds like the fuse has a loose connection. Try tightening the sprung where the fuse sits.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    This is my 1st thought. If this doesn't fix it then it is probably a bad solder connection to the board.
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2017 Flagstaff 831CLBSS - Sold 5/2021.
    2017 F150 Super crew, 3.5EB, long bed, max tow, 1800lbs payload. Pro Pride, prior WDH Blue Ox SwayPro

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crimping the sprung with needle nose pliers did the trick! Thanks! Hoppy Frood you made me realize it wasn’t a minor issue.
    P.S. Raining in Astoria Oregon. Good news for the NW fires I hope. Go Pats!