User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YMMV

Recently purchased and installed a Bakflip 4. Selected it because, it's a hard cover, can support up to 400 pounds, I can close it without having to open the tailgate and it's easy to remove. Considered the rollup but, there are times I need the whole bed. The new truck has only had 2 washes and there are no leaks.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had the Backflip on my last 2 trucks and absolutely love it. Its also saved my rear window a few time when it was completely folded up with a bunch of stuff in the box. No leaks on either. But if I'm not mistaken, you need to have the reg or long bed if you want it down while pulling the 5th.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by papermakermd View Post
    Thanks Bob for your response. I was told by a local shop that this type of cover would not work because of the rollup canister. How far from the front of the bed does the canister stick out? Have you had any problems with water leaking into the bed? I had one hard fold up cover which leaked terribly.
    It goes to the front bed rail and has a rubber gasket. The canister may collect some water, but anything it collects drains out through rubber tbing that empties behind the cab.
    The Retrax is not absolutely water proof, and in a driving rain I'll have a small amount of water entry near the tailgate. I don't thinkl any of the bed covers are totally watertight.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivercityjeff View Post
    YMMV

Recently purchased and installed a Bakflip 4. Selected it because, it's a hard cover, can support up to 400 pounds, I can close it without having to open the tailgate and it's easy to remove. Considered the rollup but, there are times I need the whole bed. The new truck has only had 2 washes and there are no leaks.
    Thanks for your reply Rivercityjeff but I'm afraid a fold up cover will not give me enough clearance for making turns with a fifth wheel hitch.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I've had the Backflip on my last 2 trucks and absolutely love it. Its also saved my rear window a few time when it was completely folded up with a bunch of stuff in the box. No leaks on either. But if I'm not mistaken, you need to have the reg or long bed if you want it down while pulling the 5th.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for your reply butI don't think a fold up cover will work for me.
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    It goes to the front bed rail and has a rubber gasket. The canister may collect some water, but anything it collects drains out through rubber tbing that empties behind the cab.
    The Retrax is not absolutely water proof, and in a driving rain I'll have a small amount of water entry near the tailgate. I don't thinkl any of the bed covers are totally watertight.
    Thanks Bob but I think I'll have to stick with a soft roll up for now.
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by papermakermd View Post
    Thanks for your response Bill & Jeri RV Travels ! When your cover is rolled up what is the thickness of the roll. Does your Fifth Wheel clear it on tight turns? I'm leaning towards a soft roll up.
    It’s about 5-6” when rolled up and there are a couple of straps that keep it rolled up and out of the way. My fiver does not come close to it when turning or backing. BTW, I had a similar Truxedo (Low-Pro) on a F150 Ecoboost I used to have when Hurricane Matthew came within about 25 miles of us. My truck sat outside. I got about three drops of water in the bed, but I think that blew in around the side of the tailgate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill & Jeri RV Travels View Post
    It’s about 5-6” when rolled up and there are a couple of straps that keep it rolled up and out of the way. My fiver does not come close to it when turning or backing. BTW, I had a similar Truxedo (Low-Pro) on a F150 Ecoboost I used to have when Hurricane Matthew came within about 25 miles of us. My truck sat outside. I got about three drops of water in the bed, but I think that blew in around the side of the tailgate.

Thanks Bill & Jeri ! I had a soft fold up on my other Truck and never had a drop of water in the bed. I think this is the way I'll be going.
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Truxedo Deuce and liked it so much that when we went from our short bed to a long bed we bought another one. Having that large section next to the cab that opens without rolling up the whole cover is nice. One thing to watch when buying a cover is how high it sits on top of the bed rails. The deuce is only 1/2 inch.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bed cover for short bed truck

I would say my Truxedo Pro X15 sits about 1/2” or so high. Here is a picture of it on our F350. BTW, this cover is made out of the same material as new convertibles use.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2758.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	36742
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2756.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	36743

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast