User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BraedenandEm View Post
    My first post in this thread literally mentions it’s a 2022 Reflection Fifth wheel 337RLS. Were staying in the park until the end of april then hopefully moving to a provincial park for the summer(since we’re in bc) and get a generator and solar panels, since the trailer is solar ready, and hookup to the sewage and freshwater at the provincial park and pay the 20$ a night rate or whatever it is.
    So sorry about missing the model of GD you have. I totally missed it in the first post and went to your profile and saw Momentum as your product line.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Left The Driveway
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    So sorry about missing the model of GD you have. I totally missed it in the first post and went to your profile and saw Momentum as your product line.
    No worries, haven’t been able to access my profile on my phone weirdly…. We’re most likely just going to get a solar setup going come springtime. Research and save over the winter for it, would probably suit us pretty well with a smaller genset.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to worry. Just make sure that you have a "dogbone" converter from your 50 amp to 30 amp to be able to plug in when you get there. It is a simple plug adapter. They usually run about $20. You will need to be conservative when using appliances. My general rule of thumb is one at a time like my coffee maker, microwave, hairdryer, and AC. Then I have no problems.
    Also, make sure you have a good surge protector. The older parks that have 30 amp sometimes have electrical problems. I actually experienced a brownout this summer while traveling and my surge protector was a lifesaver for my rig.
    Kelley
    Full-timer on the road East
    2021 Imagine XLS 2670MK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might also consider adding Soft Starts on your ACs. I installed them on mine and I can run both on 30AMPs. Rarely do I run both and I use 50AMPs if its available but the Soft Starts are a life saver. Another caveat is I can run a AC on my 3400W portable generator. Sure makes boondocking in the south more comfortable. Head over to https://www.technorv.com if you're interested in the Soft Starts.
    Tom & Misty - Dover, FL
    Gracie, the Black Lab 🐶
    2020 Solitude 344 GK-R
    2018 Dodge Ram 3500 4X4 6.7L Cummins CC/LB/DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BraedenandEm View Post
    Hi all, new to FTing, moving in beginning of October Have a 2022 Reflection 337RLS which is 50 amp but the park only offers 30, is that going to be okay for the long run? What can I do to alleviate any stress if the wire starts to get hot? I guess any tips or tricks for it will help

Braeden
    I carry adapters for all situations, 30 to 50, 50 to 30, 50 or 30 for 120v house current when getting ready with frig, etc before leaving. I also carry 30 and 50 extention cords.
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check this out:
    http://reliancecontrols.com/ProductDetail.aspx?THP103
    Along with the Fluke meter and a homemade test cable, I carry one of these with me for whenever I need to know actual current/wattage draw.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AmWatt-w-cord.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	36811

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I don't believe anyone has mentioned is that make really sure that the receptacle has a really tight connection to the prongs of your plug. A worn out receptacle will make a poor connection which probably won't matter much with low current draw. However, as the load goes up with electric hot water, electric refrigerator, microwave, ad of course AC's, Its always a good idea to not tease the lion. It is a good idea to try to proactively keep your current draw as low as possible. We have melted more than a couple of 30 amp plugs due to bad connections!

I installed volt/ammeters on both incoming phases just to know where we stand. With a 50 amp service, which is actually two 50 amp phases. Therefore a 50 amp service is actually 100 amps available. I verified that all of our big-load appliances are fairly equally split between the two phases. With a 30 amp service, 30 amps is the max available. I start to cringe when I see the total amperage between the two phases creep above 25 amps. The 30 amp wiring will get very warm at that amp draw, but if the equipment you are connected to is in good condition there should no problem. but, as I mentioned above, if the cord/plug connection is not optimal you "may" melt your plug. It is a good practice to be proactive and cognizant about your current draw. We know that with an AC running we have to put the fridge on gas while the microwave or coffee maker is running. That works for us.

While at the Coldwater, Michigan rally this spring we tried to run both AC's (both with a soft-start) with nothing else on except the 12 volt converter on. Within two minutes the breaker on the pole blew while we were indicating 28 amps. The box outside was so hot that I burned my hands trying to get the door opened to reset the breaker. But my plug was not melted...yet!
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12