Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has Anyone Tried Calling Firestone

I've been researching air bags and compressor systems and am at the point that I need to talk to a real person. Firestone's recorded message is they are closed(9AM CST) and to send an email.
    I guess they want to sell a product with not having to talk to anyone. If you can't reach them to answer a sales question, what do you do if you are on the road and you need help?
    That is right up there with "Please hold. Your call is very important to us. Your wait time is approximately 45 minutes. Grrrrrr

2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally got through to Firestone. I got a part number for a airbag/compressor kit that will work with my truck. Unfortunately, it only comes with their light duty compressor, which I don't want.
    So now I'm back to the air bags with a separate compressor kit. Air lift is starting to look better.
    What are you guys doing for an airbag/compressor setup. I hate to have to start over from scratch.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    I finally got through to Firestone. I got a part number for a airbag/compressor kit that will work with my truck. Unfortunately, it only comes with their light duty compressor, which I don't want.
    So now I'm back to the air bags with a separate compressor kit. Air lift is starting to look better.
    What are you guys doing for an airbag/compressor setup. I hate to have to start over from scratch.
    I have the Air Lift 25854 heavy duty single line kit and the 5000 series bags. I am still figuring out where things will go in my F250 with the compressor and wiring. I’ve unfortunately been delayed with some back problems that have kept me out from under the truck. Interested in seeing what you do as we have basically the same truck.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed the Air Lift 5000 kit on my f250 and I’m waiting on on the heavy duty dual path compressor. Currently on back-order with no ETA🙁. I have called Air Lift a couple times to see if the circuit boards have shown up, but no movement so far.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    I have the Air Lift 25854 heavy duty single line kit and the 5000 series bags. I am still figuring out where things will go in my F250 with the compressor and wiring. I’ve unfortunately been delayed with some back problems that have kept me out from under the truck. Interested in seeing what you do as we have basically the same truck.
    I found some really good videos on You Tube that cover our trucks. 2011-2014 are pretty much the same.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pap and Mimi View Post
    I installed the Air Lift 5000 kit on my f250 and I’m waiting on on the heavy duty dual path compressor. Currently on back-order with no ETA��. I have called Air Lift a couple times to see if the circuit boards have shown up, but no movement so far.
    heck some of the online vendors. They will probably come closer to having something in stock.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found some really good videos on You Tube that cover our trucks. 2011-2014 are pretty much the same.
    Anything on the compressor side of the installation?

Been out in the shop today. There are a couple of plastic plugs in the floor on the driver’s side that will be useful.

Driver’s side inner frame rail is covered with hard lines and wires. Passenger side is right on the muffler. Thinking about installing the compressor behind the back seat.

Gauge mounting is another puzzle. Thinking about filling the cubby down low by my right leg with something to mount the gauge there.
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are also compressor installation videos, but you'll have to search for them. They aren't hard to find.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are also compressor installation videos, but you'll have to search for them. They aren't hard to find.
    Everything I’ve come across has been vague to the point of being nearly useless.
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana