User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So not exactly the same, but to give you some ideas. I installed a Haloview camera with the wired repeater. Their install guidance also indicated going over the roof with a 30ft cable and mounting the antenna on the roof somewhere. Not what I wanted at all. I have a 344, so slightly different rear config (I have a floor to ceiling panty on the curb side rear wall). I drilled a hole in the inside back wall (straight in from the hole in the exterior wall that provides the Furrion mount feed). Then I ran across the back (inside the upper cabinet) in wire loom and down the cabinet in the corner). On the 310, you will need to figure out a way to "hide" the camera wire as you go from the upper cabinet to the end table next to the sofa (wire molding??). A small whole in the floor and you are under the trailer. Depending on how far outboard you are, you could end up either in the belly or outside the frame (mine was in the belly). From there you can either drop 1 side of the coroplast and run inside the belly or run along the outside the frame (I did this in a previous trailer for camera wiring and put the camera wire in smurf tube to protect it. I attached the smurf tube to the side of the frame with pipe clamps every few feet). Once you get to the front you can go up thru the propane tank area and then into the front storage compartment (if you are outside the frame) or directly into the front compartment from the belly if you went that way. From there, you can get to the pin box and wire to a plug (I didn't do this as I mounted the camera repeater antenna in the front bay and that worked for me. I then filled all of the holes with spray foam to seal and was happy.

It will take a little time to do this, but if you work carefully, it will be a clean install and never touch your roof.

Not sure if this helps, but I hope it gives you some ideas.
    Last edited by ggates; 10-22-2021 at 04:12 PM. Reason: typo
    Greg and Colleen Gates
    Albuquerque, NM
    2020 Solitude 344 GK
    2019 F350 Lariat Superduty DRW

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thought for those of you concerned about another device on the dash. What I did was get the Haloview mirror mount. So the monitor straps in place over my rear view mirror. Since the mirror doesn't really show anything (at least in a 5ver), I don't have another device sitting on my dash.
    Greg and Colleen Gates
    Albuquerque, NM
    2020 Solitude 344 GK
    2019 F350 Lariat Superduty DRW

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put my GM camera up high on the back of the trailer and ran the wire down the ladder and under the trailer. Works great. Too long for “invisible trailer” which is why I just mounted it up high. More info and pics here

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...094#post356094

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was able to get Grand Design Customer Support to send me a schematic of the upper rear trailer wall of my Solitude 310. This shows a metal frame member running down the center line below the rear window. I have successfully mounted the camera to the rear of the trailer using two screws w/sealant into the metal frame member. OK, that's done. I am working on how to get it to the pin box in the front. I will post how I make out with the wire routing.

Interesting find on my 2021 GMC 3500. The camera wire connection jack on the truck is only available in the bumper connection box. The in-bed 5th wheel/gooseneck connection box does not have the camera connection. I am going to see if I can swap the two if the wires are long enough. I post that result as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to ask... Has anyone out there figured out how to run the wire from the trailer body out to the 5th wheel pin box? I would like to hear back and see pictures if possible

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12