User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Fireside Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    New trailer order - waiting on part(s)?

    Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I was wondering if anyone else has a Grand Design on order that was finished and has been waiting to take delivery due to parts? Ours came offline on 8.3 and we were told it was shipping at the end of that week or the end of the following week. Come to find out it has been sitting in storage waiting on a rear awning. Apparently, they only have one distributor for the rear awning but are looking at adding more? Who knows. GD rep told the dealer there are 1464 trailers waiting on rear awnings. Didn't know if anyone else was in the same boat and what they were being told?
    2022 Momentum 350G - all upgrades minus 3 season doors
    2020 F350 Lariat Sport 6.7 CCLB FX4 - 3.5" Carli Pintop Suspension System - Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 w/Wireless One - 68 Gallon S&B Fuel Tank
    2022 CanAm Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR w/Smart-Shox (on order)

  2. #2
    Left The Driveway
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Southern Delaware
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 303RLS came off the line on 7/20. It was waiting on roller shades. We received it 8/25. Call GD customer service. They were very helpful.

  3. #3
    Long Hauler geotex1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    2,881
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, it common right now with all manufacturers. Carefree is actually overwhelmed due to the surge demand and because they are making awnings for another brand. I have been waiting on a replacement topper and awnings for 5 months because the demand has been going to the lines.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

    Mountains of Pennsylvania

  4. #4
    Fireside Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Yep, it common right now with all manufacturers. Carefree is actually overwhelmed due to the surge demand and because they are making awnings for another brand. I have been waiting on a replacement topper and awnings for 5 months because the demand has been going to the lines.
    That's crazy! I'm at the point of just telling them to forget it and put on the normal back-end cap. I'll survive without the awning over the rear porch if that's allowed.
    2022 Momentum 350G - all upgrades minus 3 season doors
    2020 F350 Lariat Sport 6.7 CCLB FX4 - 3.5" Carli Pintop Suspension System - Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 w/Wireless One - 68 Gallon S&B Fuel Tank
    2022 CanAm Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR w/Smart-Shox (on order)

  5. #5
    Fireside Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atbtcb View Post
    Our 303RLS came off the line on 7/20. It was waiting on roller shades. We received it 8/25. Call GD customer service. They were very helpful.
    Thanks, I think I may actually do that and see what they say and if there is anything I can do to get it without and call it good.
    2022 Momentum 350G - all upgrades minus 3 season doors
    2020 F350 Lariat Sport 6.7 CCLB FX4 - 3.5" Carli Pintop Suspension System - Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 w/Wireless One - 68 Gallon S&B Fuel Tank
    2022 CanAm Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR w/Smart-Shox (on order)

  6. #6
    Site Sponsor sande005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    White Bear Lake, MN
    Posts
    1,502
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    At least it is not a new car. Just got a call from our local dealer, and the estimate for the one we ordered will be 6-9 months!
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

  7. #7
    Long Hauler geotex1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    2,881
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    At least it is not a new car. Just got a call from our local dealer, and the estimate for the one we ordered will be 6-9 months!
    Right!?! You do not even want to know how difficult it is to get quality repair parts right now! So many parts are stuck floating at sea in their cargo containers. Absolutely crazy trying to get a a new coolant reservoir (suffered the common seam crack), fan shroud (2015 got the improved, "fan won't eat it" design, but my fan ate it!), EGR cooler and valve service seal and gasket set, and a water pump for my Cummins! Truck has been down 3 weeks while I chased parts around the country!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

    Mountains of Pennsylvania

  8. #8
    Seasoned Camper
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    169
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pecora55 View Post
    Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I was wondering if anyone else has a Grand Design on order that was finished and has been waiting to take delivery due to parts? Ours came offline on 8.3 and we were told it was shipping at the end of that week or the end of the following week. Come to find out it has been sitting in storage waiting on a rear awning. Apparently, they only have one distributor for the rear awning but are looking at adding more? Who knows. GD rep told the dealer there are 1464 trailers waiting on rear awnings. Didn't know if anyone else was in the same boat and what they were being told?
    Maybe this just makes too much sense, but couldn’t you take delivery without the awning, and come back later to have it installed when it comes in?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Solitude 384 GK-R
    2017 GMC 3500 HD Denali

  9. #9
    Fireside Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabervin View Post
    Maybe this just makes too much sense, but couldn’t you take delivery without the awning, and come back later to have it installed when it comes in?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You would think that would be a resolution to get an RV out but GD won't do it. Dealer told GD to send it to them when it was available and they would install it. They won't let anything go from their lot if it is not 100% finished it what I have been told. I asked to get the line item removed, said I do not even want the rear awning, no big deal, keep it and the money. Nope. It has been sitting there for over 8 weeks now, oh well.
    2022 Momentum 350G - all upgrades minus 3 season doors
    2020 F350 Lariat Sport 6.7 CCLB FX4 - 3.5" Carli Pintop Suspension System - Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 w/Wireless One - 68 Gallon S&B Fuel Tank
    2022 CanAm Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR w/Smart-Shox (on order)

  10. #10
    Long Hauler geotex1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    2,881
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pecora55 View Post
    You would think that would be a resolution to get an RV out but GD won't do it. Dealer told GD to send it to them when it was available and they would install it. They won't let anything go from their lot if it is not 100% finished it what I have been told. I asked to get the line item removed, said I do not even want the rear awning, no big deal, keep it and the money. Nope. It has been sitting there for over 8 weeks now, oh well.
    8 weeks and counting on a slide topper from Carefree. Five MONTHS on replacement awnings! The industry is struggling.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

    Mountains of Pennsylvania

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.