User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Makita XWT08Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless High-Torque 1/2" Sq. Drive Impact Wrench and it will take lug nuts off a semi. If you already have the battery platform this would be a wise choice IMO. If I didn't already have Makita tools I would go Milwaukee as they have the broadest assortment of trade tools.
    Gary & Donna
    2020 Ram 3500 Dually Diesel
    2021 Solitude 390RK

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akgourmet View Post
    If you already have Makita 18v batteries, go with Makita. I got a Makita XWT14Z 18V LXT last year and it works great on lug nuts. Small and plenty of power. I also carry deep impact sockets that fit my lugs (both truck and trailer), a 100 ft.lb. torque stick, a 150 ft.lb. manual torque wrench and a Makita 18v tire inflator. The chargers are cheap so I carry one in the truck and one in the fifth wheel.
    I found that the 120 vac receptacle in my 2020 Ford F350 will not power my Makita Battery chargers. It faults out immediately. From what read it will power a Milwaukee charger fine. From what I read it’s because the initial inrush current for the Makita charger exceeds the capacity of the Ford Inverter yet the Milwaukee doesn’t exceed the required current. It’s a bumme and I need to make sure I always have a few fully charged Makita batteries with me.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terryriddle View Post
    I use a ratchet set at the tore required. Just an easy and safer way. So it takes a couple few minutes. Just call me old fashion!
    You are fortunate that you never ran into a lug nut that wouldn’t break loose with a ratchet, a tire iron or a 4-way lug nut wrench. Your wrench works great for installing lug nuts but at times it will not be enough to break them free. Especially the bigger lug nuts on heavy duty trucks. That’s where an impact wrench pays for itself.

I run lug nuts in by hand to prevent being cross treaded. Then use the impact with a 90 lb torque stick to set the initial equal torque. Then drop the wheel on the ground and do final torque with a mechanical torque wrench.

On 2 occasions I bailed out a stranded motorist who was unable to remove lug nuts with a tire iron. I pulled out my Makita impact and in less than 15 seconds I was able to remove locked up lug nuts to the amazement of the motorist.

The last time it was my son in law who lifts weights for fun. He had been waiting for over 2 hours AAA to come and remove his flat tire and mount the spare. I pulled up and in less than 1 minute I had the flat off his car using my 18v Malkita impact.

My motto is to “Work smarter, not harder”
    Jerry & Linda
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep it simple and stick with whatever cordless tools you already have. I have the Dewalt 20V Max XR 1/2in Hog Ring Impact Gun and it is a beast. But... the only reason I went that route is I have other Dewalt 20v tools and can share batteries & chargers.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anderson Hitch Torque

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    I don’t know if this is the best but it works for me.
    https://www.factoryauthorizedoutlet....ench-bare-tool

Plus I have these impact sockets for assorted lug nuts. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N17CK76/

Plus to prevent over tightening I use a torque stick similar to this one https://www.amazon.com/AFF-Torque-Li...dp/B08S5TSD6B/

And for final torquing I have a 1/2” drive torque wrench that I use also to torque my Andersen hitch

I keep all of these under the back seat of my F350.

I have several 18 volt batteries always charged because I also keep a Makita 18 volt portable vacuum, led light and cordless blower in the trailer.
    What torque do you set your Anderson Hitch at?
    Thomas & Makiko
    2021 GD2500RL

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TGlock24 View Post
    What torque do you set your Anderson Hitch at?
    Initially torque to top bolt to 60 ft/lbs. Then after mounting the RV I re-torque it to 60 ft/lbs again with trailer weight on it. I get lots of additional turns after mounting and re-torquing. It may be because I have my Andersen on a bedrug which compresses a bit after a while.

I torque the 2 side bolts to 40;ft/lbs.
    Jerry & Linda

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the fuel 18volt Milwaukee 1/2” impact friction ring impact. I use it professionally and would buy it again. Great power and warranty. I also have owned the Ingersoll Rand initially. It was good but I prefer the Fuel Milwaukee over it. They newer battery packs are a 6amp hour HO. I just replaced/upgrade my battery packs.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Was searching through numerous threads, but the information I need is brand and model impact guns folks are using. Common element is 1/2" and proper impact sockets. What I am not seeing is torque needed (size of unit) I have a 2.5 gallon air tank at 145psi available if that makes an air unit possible, but I also have 18V Mikita batterys and charger available too.

Any information would be great.
    After pricing various manufacturers, I went with Lowes Kobolt, 1/2" impact. It claims 750 lbs of torque. It's plenty powerful for my 110lb lug nuts. Be careful with smaller bolts, it will twist them off in a heartbeat.
    Dustin and Doris

2018 2600RB
    2016 Tundra: 5.7L with towing package.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading the torque specs for the 17.5" wheels, a manual torque wrench will be a tad painful though it's what I've used all my life. I've had no experience with torque sticks and haven't had the need for a powered impact wrench at home. So I'll be starting with a clean slate. Anyone know what the Solitudes now come with - long bolt I'm assuming? 200 ft/lbs I might be able to handle but 325 ft/lbs for a flange bolt - well.....
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Update
    I went with this
    Milwaukee 2767-22 M18 18V Lithium-Ion FUEL 1/2" High Torque Impact Wrench Kit with Case and Charger
    $449.00 | Discounts: $100.00
    Total: $349.00

from farmandfleet.com

I had called around to various dealers and found this sale was as deep as anything I would see Black Friday.

Still deciding if I should get a torque stick - probably will. Is the 80/100 ft lbs the one I want for lug nuts?
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast