User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hanging things on walls

We have Imagine 2400 BHS and want to hang some items like mirrors or clocks on the walls. Are there studs in the wall in order to do this?

Also the positioning of the tv bracket mount is clearly marked. What is behind that wall that will allow mounting in that specific location?

Thanks

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have never hung anything on the walls in any of our RVs due to wall construction and materials. Some people have luck with 3M Command strips and hooks for lighter things but, personally, I wouldn't hang anything like a mirror. There are "studs" (frame members in the wall) which are aluminum, but may not be located exactly where you want to hang things. My personal advice would be to stick to lightweight items and use the 3M Command products.

TV mounting areas are backed by plywood, so the appropriate screws (not too long so you don't go through the outside of the wall) will work there.

Forum tip: You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know the weight and size capacity of the bedroom TV Mounting plywood on the 2670 MK Imagine? This information would be very helpful.
    Thanks .

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Albert View Post
    Does anyone know the weight and size capacity of the bedroom TV Mounting plywood on the 2670 MK Imagine? This information would be very helpful.
    Thanks .
    Can’t speak directly to your rig, but on my 315rlts, I first mounted. 24 inch tv and have since upgraded that to a 32 inch with zero issues.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2017 Imagine 2800BH didn’t have plywood backing where the label was to mount the RV. It had a thin metal plate about 12”x12” behind the wall board. Not only that but the label was just outside of where the plate was. Had I screwed the mount where the label was I would have missed the backing plate. I don’t know if GD has changed its type of backing. Check it out with a magnet to verify.

I found the plate placement by using a magnet. I marked the edges of the backing plate with blue painters tape before screwing in the mount.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have hung coat racks on both sides of bed and at both sides of entrance door - the ones that come attached to wooden board. You can cut board to size needed. Walmart had some that matched trim in our camper. Used plastic anchors and short screws. We have not had any problems but we never hang anything heavy. maybe light jacket, hats, wet towels, etc. Found that ones by entrance works great for wet rain jackets with plastic drip tray beneath it. Keep hat with light and rain jacket there if is is raining, as I have to take dog out during the night. Just don't load them down.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have mounted a 32" Sony TV w/wall mount on our Bedroom wall with no problems (where the factory mounting sticker was). And as for mounting on other interior walls, have used Velcro brand heavy duty velcro to mount under 10 pound (or less) objects on the wall. Have had no problems with any hangings falling down over the last 10K miles.

Tip: If you decide to use Velcro, be sure to clean the wall mounting area with some alcohol first to ensure a good sound adhesion.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nautilus Compartment Wall Structure

Hi all, to preserve space in the pass-through, I like the idea of installing my water filter near the nautilus. I'm replacing the filter shown in the photo with a 2-stage variety, but not sure if the wall structure can hold the weight of the two-stage filter, presumably including both canisters filled with water.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nautilus Bay Water Setup.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	44201Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Water filter.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	44202
    Dave Gaines
    Kentucky Gentleman Farmer
    1997 F-350 Quad Cab
    2020 Grand Design 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wags1020 View Post
    We have Imagine 2400 BHS and want to hang some items like mirrors or clocks on the walls. Are there studs in the wall in order to do this?

Also the positioning of the tv bracket mount is clearly marked. What is behind that wall that will allow mounting in that specific location?

Thanks
    CALL Grand Design before you do anything. I found them really helpful on this. It will save you aggravation.
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KY Gentleman Farmer View Post
    Hi all, to preserve space in the pass-through, I like the idea of installing my water filter near the nautilus. I'm replacing the filter shown in the photo with a 2-stage variety, but not sure if the wall structure can hold the weight of the two-stage filter, presumably including both canisters filled with water.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nautilus Bay Water Setup.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	44201Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Water filter.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	44202
    Looking at the image you supplied, you could make a bracket that attached to both the filter bracket and aluminum floor/ceiling supports near the nautilus. That would probably be your best mounting point for those filters in that area IMO.

As for wall mounting in the cargo areas, our 5er has a divider wall between the front storage area and the pass through that is made out of carpeted OSB material. Not knowing anything about your TT walls, on our 5er we mounted a secure bracket mount for our 16k water softener (weight approx. 40lbs) and it has held up just fine in the past 3 years. If mounting on any walls in the pass through, would recommend using large fender style washers and/or aluminum backing plate on both sides to distribute the weight and tension of heavy items - that is how we mounted our softener bracket to our OSB carpeted wall. We then covered the plate with bolt heads with some thin black colored rubber adhesive material that helps blend in and protect items in the pass through from rubbing on it while traveling and/or removing from the storage area.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)