User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corky2 View Post
    Relating to the fridge issue; Is the fridge running on propane while traveling an issue?
    We used to travel with propane running the fridge. Yes, we're aware of the problems that can cause. Because of that we've installed an inverter and run the fridge on the inverter while traveling now.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JFF&KRN View Post
    When we are on the road, we frequent plenty of nights without unhooking. We use a couple blocks / legos if needed to get the side to side close and sometimes I need to put a couple under the rear truck wheels to raise the front just enough without using any landing gear or anything from the trailer. we usually are pretty close and close enough not to worry about fridge, slides etc. We also use the leveling bubble on the front of the hitch so I can watch in the mirror while driving in the area a bit, that gets it pretty close, also works well to get pretty close before unhooking at camp spots as well. just do it, enjoy and move on in the morning.
    This is what was escaping me and I had a mental block over and could not think of a solution. Blocking / shimming under the rear wheels of the truck to raise the front of the trailer. My forehead is probably red from the head slap. I have thought and thought over how in the hell will I raise the front of the truck and there it is. Many times the simplest solutions escape me.
    As for propane I always run the fridge on propane while we travel and so far we havent had a problem. The 337 is plugged in right now and the fridge is pre cooling.
    Larry & Deb
    2022 Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 F350 Lariat SRW
    Eastern Ks.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    We used to travel with propane running the fridge. Yes, we're aware of the problems that can cause. Because of that we've installed an inverter and run the fridge on the inverter while traveling now.
    So the performance is the same just less risk due to AC instead of propane.

Thanks

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No open flame with electricity to the fridge, but the risk is minimal.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we have traveled all over with fridge on propane and never an issue. with our gas stops, the trailer, (fridge) is well out of the immediate pump area and we have never had an issue and never saw a big ball of flame in our review mirror like in the movies when we drive away. Some states I believe do not allow, but we have our generator hoked up and wired in so there are times we run it for the a/c anyway, that works for us. Anyhow, ?????, lost my thought.
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to have reservations for a long pull-thru to stay hooked up.
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jstchilln View Post
    We just made a quick decision to take the new 337RLS to Colorado for a week and one of the nights I want to stay hooked up for an early departure. We had an Imagine 2670 and we did the same a few times at sites that were fairly level and all I had to do was add a couple of blocks and level from side to side. Luckily front to back at all the sites we stayed at were very close to level.
    We have used the new Reflection and stayed in it for a week and loved it and have practiced hooking and un hooking several times but the idea of staying hooked up with a 5th wheel gives me a few questions.
    Side by side is no problem but if I am hooked up and low in the front how will I level the 5'r if I'm hooked up? If I am low in the back I assume I would block up the rear tires but what about being low in the front?
    Also, the 337 has auto level and I wouldnt want to use auto level while hooked up but do I manually bring the stabilizers down and just touch the ground?

Any help will be appreciated, we love the 5th wheel but after being comfortable in the travel trailer we have another learning curve to adjust to.
    I have a fifth wheel with the auto-level system and if I stay hooked, I level it the old fashion way with the bubbles I put on the unit for those situations.
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No issue staying hooked up, do it all the time with my 337. Just lower jacks down to give a little more stability.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just finished a two-month 4,000 mile trip. Several days were travel only, with an overnight stay to break up the trip. The first part of the trip, we unhooked at every stop. After about a week, I had a “duh” moment and reached the conclusion that I was spending a lot of time hooking/unhooking. The next stop was very level, so we just manually dropped the jacks and everything was fine. After a couple of days, we hit one where the nose was low. I put a couple of blocks under the rear tires of the truck, and it was fine. I had a couple of nights where things were not quite level side-to-side, so the blocks went under one side of the trailer.

With a couple of wide blocks (wide enough to fully support the tires on either the truck or the trailer), we didn’t encounter any one-night spots where we needed to unhook. We just checked for level first, adjusted if necessary, then manually brought down the landing legs and rear levelers so that they were lightly in contact with the ground, for stability.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jstchilln View Post
    We just made a quick decision to take the new 337RLS to Colorado for a week and one of the nights I want to stay hooked up for an early departure. We had an Imagine 2670 and we did the same a few times at sites that were fairly level and all I had to do was add a couple of blocks and level from side to side. Luckily front to back at all the sites we stayed at were very close to level.
    We have used the new Reflection and stayed in it for a week and loved it and have practiced hooking and un hooking several times but the idea of staying hooked up with a 5th wheel gives me a few questions.
    Side by side is no problem but if I am hooked up and low in the front how will I level the 5'r if I'm hooked up? If I am low in the back I assume I would block up the rear tires but what about being low in the front?
    Also, the 337 has auto level and I wouldnt want to use auto level while hooked up but do I manually bring the stabilizers down and just touch the ground?

Any help will be appreciated, we love the 5th wheel but after being comfortable in the travel trailer we have another learning curve to adjust to.
    I do it if just an overnight stop, want to shove off quickly in the am. I didn't catch whether you will connect to shore power or not. Thoughts:
    1) Don't use Auto Level, just lower front jacks. I do until they touch base, and maybe unload the truck squat an inch or so.
    2) If fairly level, NOT on shore power, fridge on propane will run fine. Can use auto level display, cycle through until you see degrees off level. If on shore power, doesn't matter.
    3) Disconnect umbilical as others have said - I have seen tow vehicle battery depleted
    4) If you are not happy with side to side leveling, use drive on blocks/boards/legos.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 2500 HD/Cummins Night Ed
    Missour-uh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast