User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I can see how this busted your excitement. I wouldn't risk pushing that slide and your right in not wanting to do so. One great thing about the 22mle is that its 100% usable with the slide in. When we overnight at Walmart Inn or similar, we keep the slide in. You loose a little walking space that's all. I would still go on your shakedown. That's where you'll discover what items you need to purchase and what items you've purchased that you won't need. Lol. As for the AM radio, did you turn on the booster?
    It's a great couples trailer, we really love it. Not too heavy, not to long and tons of storage and space.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Be careful, many slides are not designed to be occupied or used when not extended. The floor may not be supported when not extended.
    Id call GD, not the dealer, and get their input for your specific model.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim2542 View Post
    Be careful, many slides are not designed to be occupied or used when not extended. The floor may not be supported when not extended.
    You brought up a good point. When I picked up our 22mle I asked GD directly and they confirmed Yes but only as long as it's fully in or fully out. Not partially.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanvdh View Post
    The Winegard 360 lists FM only although it would have to connected to the radio as well. I haven't pulled my radio out but years of installing car audio systems I can tell you AM reception was normally dependent on the the antenna base having a good connection to the fender/body panels of the vehicle (big metal surface), which is not possible in this application.
    Hi, bryanvdg!

I did a full scan with the TT's AM radio parked at my house. It found no AM stations. I brought my small battery-powered AM radio inside the trailer and it picks up several AM stations. I would have expected the TT AM radio to at least be able to pick up the most powerful AM station in our area. I can pick up that station up 280 miles away in my car. But the TT gets nothing in the same city.

...Mike
    Mike & Robbie
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2017 Toyota Tundra
    Webster, NY

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, does this post bring back memories!
    We hate the lippert track system. They were installed on two of our last 3 units, all all of them failed. We were told by a really good tech, who used to work for them, that they’re just not up to handle the weight of what are in the slides. Unfortunately, he also stated that most fail because they’re installed incorrectly, misaligned, which then puts stress on the tracks…which is what broke on all ours.
    I told my dealer, no more swintek systems…period, so I went with the 200MK, which has a gear system for the one and only slide, and the only thing it’s moving is the dining room table, all other major components are situated nicely elsewhere.
    I agree with the rest, it’s great having the ability to use your unit without opening the slide…so take your shakedown trip! Good luck!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering5thwheelers View Post
    Oh, does this post bring back memories!
    We hate the lippert track system. They were installed on two of our last 3 units, all all of them failed. We were told by a really good tech, who used to work for them, that they’re just not up to handle the weight of what are in the slides. Unfortunately, he also stated that most fail because they’re installed incorrectly, misaligned, which then puts stress on the tracks…which is what broke on all ours.
    I told my dealer, no more swintek systems…period, so I went with the 200MK, which has a gear system for the one and only slide, and the only thing it’s moving is the dining room table, all other major components are situated nicely elsewhere.
    I agree with the rest, it’s great having the ability to use your unit without opening the slide…so take your shakedown trip! Good luck!
    Thanks, Wandering5ghwheelers!

...Mike
    Mike & Robbie
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2017 Toyota Tundra
    Webster, NY

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once you do get the slide fix make sure you r level and u have plenty of battery power to put it out and in. Not being level or not enough power will cause problems too. I always make sure its level and either hooked up to power at a rv site or to my vehicle when boondocking to insure i have plenty of power to extend it.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlsmle View Post
    Once you do get the slide fix make sure you r level and u have plenty of battery power to put it out and in. Not being level or not enough power will cause problems too. I always make sure its level and either hooked up to power at a rv site or to my vehicle when boondocking to insure i have plenty of power to extend it.
    Good points, Xlsmle. Thanks!

...Mike
    Mike & Robbie
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2017 Toyota Tundra
    Webster, NY

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be really disappointed. I will say, the one upside I have found to having a budget model trailer is that GD didn't waste any money on fancy Schwintek slides .
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim2542 View Post
    Hi, Tim2542!

I asked our dealer about your question. They told me that the slide can be used if completely retracted or completely extended. Not in-between.

...Mike
    Mike & Robbie
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2017 Toyota Tundra
    Webster, NY

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Morning!
    On a 2021 Grand Design 22MLE Imagine, do any know where the Schwintek Dual Motor Synchronous Velocity Slide Controller is location on the unit?
    Thanks!
    Zigman
    [email protected]
    Best Regards,

Ziggy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast