User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I can see how this busted your excitement. I wouldn't risk pushing that slide and your right in not wanting to do so. One great thing about the 22mle is that its 100% usable with the slide in. When we overnight at Walmart Inn or similar, we keep the slide in. You loose a little walking space that's all. I would still go on your shakedown. That's where you'll discover what items you need to purchase and what items you've purchased that you won't need. Lol. As for the AM radio, did you turn on the booster?
    It's a great couples trailer, we really love it. Not too heavy, not to long and tons of storage and space.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Thanks, Ynot4me2.

Yes, I tried the booster and there was no change. The tech told me that works for the TV only, anyways.

...MIke
    Mike & Robbie
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2017 Toyota Tundra
    Webster, NY

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=NB Canada;394192]There is no reason why it won’t “look like new” after the repair
    It isn’t difficult

Thanks, NB Canada. I pray you're right!

...Mike
    Mike & Robbie
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2017 Toyota Tundra
    Webster, NY

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same thing happened on our 2021 2500RL and we had similar feelings. It took a month to get fixed but we have 40 nights now and zero issues. As someone pointed out now we have a slide that was assembled by a tech who took time to do it right. Ours was caused by a couple of over-torqued screws that had broken and allowed the track to move, which cause the mechanism to get damaged so they ordered a complete kit and replaced all of it.

It will be worth the wait! Aaron

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron_E View Post
    Same thing happened on our 2021 2500RL and we had similar feelings. It took a month to get fixed but we have 40 nights now and zero issues. As someone pointed out now we have a slide that was assembled by a tech who took time to do it right. Ours was caused by a couple of over-torqued screws that had broken and allowed the track to move, which cause the mechanism to get damaged so they ordered a complete kit and replaced all of it.

It will be worth the wait! Aaron
    Thanks for the encouragement, Aaron. Sorry to hear that you had the same problem. We've talked to Grand Design directly and they acknowledged that the parts are on order. I don't know if our parts are a complete kit. That would be nice. GD did tell us that the Schwintek systems are easy to repair.

...Mike
    Mike & Robbie
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2017 Toyota Tundra
    Webster, NY

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for posting that link. Very much time well spent. Even passed the test at the end.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDoRight View Post
    Thanks, Ynot4me2.

Yes, I tried the booster and there was no change. The tech told me that works for the TV only, anyways.

...MIke
    Not to derail, what is the booster and how do you turn it on?

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Jane View Post
    Not to derail, what is the booster and how do you turn it on?
    They're referring to the antenna amplifier for the TV. There's a button on a plate with a little LED light - usually where the coax for one of the TVs connects.

When asking questions, it's helpful if people know which RV you have. You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Happy camping!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Ynot4me2.

...MIke
    The Winegard 360 lists FM only although it would have to connected to the radio as well. I haven't pulled my radio out but years of installing car audio systems I can tell you AM reception was normally dependent on the the antenna base having a good connection to the fender/body panels of the vehicle (big metal surface), which is not possible in this application.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First time problem.

Greetings!

We've been saving up for retirement and just bought our first ever RV as we begin the retirement process. We were excited!

It's a 2022 GD Imagine XLS 22MLE. We had the dealer replace the two vents with Maxxfan Deluxes. For the past two months we've been busy preparing by purchasing equipment to outfit our traveling home. Those how-to videos on YouTube are fantastic!

During our PDI everything seemed fine.

On Tuesday, Sep 14, we brought the TT home! After the 1.5 hour drive, we parked it in the dark with plans to begin outfitting it the next morning.

Wednesday we started the prep (planning on doing a weekend shakedown!). Our first discovery was that the AM radio doesn't work. (FM is fine.)

Then the big fail.

When I pressed the button to extend the slider, there was very loud clunking noise and the slider starting to tip out at the top. I pulled it back in. Also noisy. After one more attempt I stopped and called the dealer who said I need to bring it in.

Friday morning brought bad news. The lower gear on one of the Schwintek mechanisms has failed. The service manager showed me the metal shavings and the possible misalignment of the mechanism.

The dealer has to order parts. A quick online check showed a 4-6 week wait for the parts. They will see if it can be expedited. They also might need to remove the slider to do the repair.

The service manager showed us how we can get the slider to function by assisting its movement. We could push on the lower edge as someone holds the button. I appreciate that he's trying to help us use the TT until it can be repaired. We're just not sure yet if we want to risk that. What if another gear fails on the road? Then we're stuck at a site with a slider we can't move in.

This all means that we waited a couple of months for our new TT, we have it but we may have to wait another month for parts. Then take it to the dealer, leave it there for about a week, then go get it.

Especially if they end up having to remove the slider for repair, what are the chances that this TT will "look like new" when this is all done?

It's kind of killing our excitement. No shakedown this weekend.

One ironic point: when we first started looking at TT's, we did not want a slider because of the problems we heard of. Several salespeople told us that's not really an issue any more.

I hope this isn't an indicator of how the rest of our retirement is going to go...

...Mike
    Sorry to hear about your slider problem. Our 22MLE is our 14th RV. Everyone has had first time out issues, except out 22MLE. The RV industry lacks good quality control. When you get through with your first few trips, you will be very pleased with you unit. Your concern that the slide might not look "new" after the repair. We have had to have 3 slides removed for repair, and every one looked new, even our last one, a 30 foot slide on a brand new motorhome. Good luck, and have fun.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TLMSJM View Post
    Sorry to hear about your slider problem. Our 22MLE is our 14th RV. Everyone has had first time out issues, except out 22MLE. The RV industry lacks good quality control. When you get through with your first few trips, you will be very pleased with you unit. Your concern that the slide might not look "new" after the repair. We have had to have 3 slides removed for repair, and every one looked new, even our last one, a 30 foot slide on a brand new motorhome. Good luck, and have fun.
    Hi, TLMSJM!

Thanks for the encouragement. We've talked to Grand Design and our dealer. GD has expedited the parts and they should be at the dealer tomorrow (Fri, Sep 23). We're taking the trailer in to the dealer on Monday for repair. The dealer is even saying they can have it done that day, so we'll be touring the area while we wait.

And the excitement increases!

...Mike
    Mike & Robbie
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2017 Toyota Tundra
    Webster, NY

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast