User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need Help from the Solitude 375 RES Cavalry!

If you have a 375 RES and use a TireMinder TPMS with a repeater, could you coach me on how you installed the repeater? Instructions for TPMS recommend that I mount the repeater outside of the front storage bay (where the battery is). I am trying to find how to do this in a way that allows me to bring the power wire into the front bay to connect to battery. Can any of you help me? Thanks so much!

John
    John & Mary
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    2016 RAM 3500 Longhorn Limited - Mega Cab; 6.7L Cummins; SB; DRW; 4X4; Aisin; 4.10
    Curt A20 Slider

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you mount it on the pin box? That should give you pretty easy access to battery.
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not a model-specific issue. The door to the front storage/battery bay should be fiberglass skin on foam core. The front of the compartment is a thin fiberglass laminate. Both are radio transparent I have my TireMinder Rhino booster mounted on the inside of the front compartment just above the batteries (fastened to the side of the frame member with heavy cable ties). This puts nothing between the booster and the truck except the thin fiberglass laminate. It works very well this way. With the 375, you'll need the newer black Rhino booster rather than the older white booster, though.

Rob
    Last edited by Second Chance; 09-19-2021 at 07:37 AM.
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't put it there in my opinion. The repeaters are not particularly robust. Instead, look under the pinbox between the wingset. You will find a junction box for your umbilical. You have ground and +12V there and can mount the repeater right on the junction box cover. Safely out of harms way and it will work great.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBadger View Post
    If you have a 375 RES and use a TireMinder TPMS with a repeater, could you coach me on how you installed the repeater? Instructions for TPMS recommend that I mount the repeater outside of the front storage bay (where the battery is). I am trying to find how to do this in a way that allows me to bring the power wire into the front bay to connect to battery. Can any of you help me? Thanks so much!

John
    Ours was mounted in the pass-through compartment, next to the inverter on-off and battery shutoff switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al & Cyndi
    2022 Solitude 380FL-R
    2019 GMC Denali 3500 Duramax crew cab

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don’t want to hijack the thread as my comments are about the Lippert Tire Linc. But the issue I had might be relevant to mounting the Tire Minder Repeater. I find that the repeater on the Tire Linc will activate the Indicator Alert device in the cab of my truck from over 200 feet when I’m returning to my campsite in the truck. The issue I have is that the transmitter on the left rear tire of the trailer signal would not always reach the repeater in the basement storage area. On my 345 the repeater was mounted to the forward wall of the pass through on the passenger side of the trailer. I moved it to the center & the signal usually reaches the repeater from all 4 trailer tires. I’m going to experiment with moving the repaester further back in the compartment to see if I’ll have the signal 100% of the time.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year