Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generator Question

I have a coleman powermate 1850 generator that im going to use to charge my house battery temporarily
    Last edited by Pgh_AL; 09-19-2021 at 01:49 AM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a EMS or a decent surge protector you likely will need a neutral/ground bonding plug to allow a generator to power your RV. Otherwise it will sense a ground fault.
    https://www.amazon.com/Southwire-Com...dp/B07F4R7BDL/
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generator Question

Quote Originally Posted by Pgh_AL View Post
    Thanks but I don't want the portable to power the RV just charge the house batteries. I wouldn't try to run anything just keep my 12Vs up .
    Hi, your problem is understood. The easiest way to do that is to plug into your rv shore power plug and let your converter to that. If you don’t want to do that, then you need to get a battery charger and run that off the generator then connect the charger directly to your battery source. All the generator does is produce power not charge your battery. But a great point was to get a plug that bonds neutral and ground and plug that into the generator and the your cord to that.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS