Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Need help!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help!!

Need help. Currently on a trip and having problems getting furnace to kick on. When I select the thermostat for HEAT the A/C comes on!! It did this a couple of days ago and after fiddling with it things suddenly started to work. Now the problem is back and will not go away. This is a Reflection with dual A/C's and dual Dometic thermostats. No matter which thermostat I select FURNACE on it will turn on the A/C

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only 1 thermostat should run the furnace, the bedroom should not control the furnace at all. If I understand right both are turning the AC on ??

If both are doing the same thing, that is odd. Was there a surge in power that could have affected the circuit board on each?? or possibly a wiring issue.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 09-19-2021 at 07:41 AM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you set a temp more that a few degrees lower than he actual temp and select electric heat the furnace will kick in (and maybe the heat pump in the main AC too - 8 don’t exactly recall).

If you set the thermostat on gas heat then no AC or heat pump should come on. If it does, suspect a bad thermostat. Or maybe a loose wire at the thermostat which is easily checked by popping off the front face.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's worked before, I doubt it's a wiring issue. It depends what you mean by it worked after fiddling with things. If its not a wire, I would consider trying a complete reset. Turn off all 110v going into the camper and disconnect the battery with the disconnect switch (I doubt any thermostat wiring is upstream of that switch). Re-energize both power sources and try the thermostat again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    If it's worked before, I doubt it's a wiring issue. It depends what you mean by it worked after fiddling with things. If its not a wire, I would consider trying a complete reset. Turn off all 110v going into the camper and disconnect the battery with the disconnect switch (I doubt any thermostat wiring is upstream of that switch). Re-energize both power sources and try the thermostat again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    See if your fan setting is on “A” automatic, if it is on fan only, it come on with heater and feel like air conditioning is on when you turn on heater.
    2016 Ram 3500 SWD 3:73 Turbo Diesel 6'4"" box
    OEM puck Pro 16K
    2021 Reflection 311BHS
    Previous:
    2017 Reflection 29RS
    Reese Sidewinder Hitch
    Platte Lake MN.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for this answer. That was exactly what was happening. When the furnace kicked on, the fan in the AC started running soon after. The compressor on the AC was not on, just the fan. I put the fan control back to Auto and the problem stopped. Now everything works very well!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!