Quote Originally Posted by RUTrippin2 View Post
After 20+ years of travel trailer ownership, this is 2nd summer we are without a trailer/vacation home. Hubs is now retired and I still have one more year of work. This year, we ended up doing two trips for vacation (now with COVID restrictions lifted). One to Nashville and one to Hershey for the RV show. One we flew, one we drove. We stayed in very nice hotels on both trips. All I can say is we dislike staying in hotels now more than ever. Camping and RVing have changed our whole perspective. The freedom we have in our own RV trumps sitting on a bed or in an uncomfortable chair in a hotel room after an exhausting day of touring, cooking our own meals instead of eating out 2/3 meals a day, and sleeping in our own beds with our own blankets/pillows. COVID really put a totally different spin on our future plans. We thought we'd be able to plan our retirement by taking that cross-country trip with just our car, staying in hotels. The Nashville trip alone inspired us to go to Hershey to the RV show...and ultimately, the hotel stay in Hershey sealed the deal. Our new truck and 17MKE is on order.
Thank you for sharing. Covid has changed everything. I really don't enjoy restaurants like I used to, Looking forward to my next meal from the Blackstone grill.