User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Viair 485c double compressor setup (2.5 gal tank, 200psi) located under the bed on the passenger side. It's powered through an upfitter switch and uses a TST pressure sensor to wirelessly send the pressure to the TPMS. The mount is by AR fabrication (Anthony reads this forum) but I don't think he's making these mounts anymore.

I got this mostly to be able to inflate the tires on my F450 and 349M, but I do have airbags in my future (for the 349M).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210310_160758.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	36790

Name:	20210310_160815.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	36791

Name:	20210310_161158.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	36789
    Last edited by jjbbrewer; 09-21-2021 at 07:54 AM.
    signature

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mounted mine near fuel filter under driver's side like others. That was in 2005. Just replaced air bags this summer but the compressor is still going strong. No shielding whatsoever, so personally, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my "13 F150 SCREW, I mounted my AirLift compressor on the outside passenger frame rail. All the parts came with the 5000 Ultimate kit to mount on the frame using pre-drilled frame holes with the supplied "extended" location nuts to mount the screws thru each of the four mounting holes on the compressor. Have had it there for 3 years and still works like a champ.

Tips: When running my air lines, used metal braided protection tubing to cover my hard plastic air lines from any flying road debris (Have had a Jeep with Airlockers before and had debris tear thru a line).

Also, since I use the Bluetooth AirLift compressor and App, I also used the included Schrader valves by teeing off the compressor air lines for each airbag path into a small enclosed metal box mounted under my passenger running board incase the bluetooth ever goes bad. That way can manually inflate or deflate as needed till the issue is fixed.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ram 2500 Laramie - on frame above spare tire, hangs in spare recess. Good protection.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2021 Ram 2500…I mounted mine in the drivers side rear floor bin….completely protected.
    2020 Transcend Xplor 221RB
    2021 Ram 2500 SRW Cummins

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have a 2.5 gallon tank and I was surprised to find that it fit above and in front of the spare tire. If the tank fits there, compressor(s) should fit there too. My compressors will go elsewhere for other reasons.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone point me to drawings of how to plumb the tank and a pressure switch, and how would that be interfaced with a wireless system to turn the compressor on and off.. I think I want to use a 2.5-3 gallon tank so that the compressor does not run constantly. I also want an air chuck to plug in a hose to air up truck and trailer tires. Would that also be compatible with the wireless system? I can't picture how the compressor would be operated to air tires and not affect pressure in the bags. The more I read about this stuff the the more confused i get..
    Boy, some diagrams would really be nice.. LOL
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    Can someone point me to drawings of how to plumb the tank and a pressure switch, and how would that be interfaced with a wireless system to turn the compressor on and off.. I think I want to use a 2.5-3 gallon tank so that the compressor does not run constantly. I also want an air chuck to plug in a hose to air up truck and trailer tires. Would that also be compatible with the wireless system? I can't picture how the compressor would be operated to air tires and not affect pressure in the bags. The more I read about this stuff the the more confused i get..
    Boy, some diagrams would really be nice.. LOL
    The compressors sold by Air Lift don't have the duty cycle for filling a tank or inflating tires.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm discovering that I need a100% duty cyclecompressor.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    Where are you guys mounting yours? Everything I read/watch says to locate if away from dirt and moisture, but the videos show them being mounted under the bed. That doesn't meet my definition of clean and dry.
    I have a airlift system. Mine went out after about a year and I had to order another one and install it when I was in west glacier this past summer. It was mounted under the truck which was a f250. Not sure if exposure cause it to go out after only a year. The airlift compressors are cheaply made. Mine will kick on for a sec or two once every few days to keep the minimum air in the bags. It's loud, so if it was mounted inside the truck somewhere it would be really loud. I could probably mount it under the back seat and buy some sound board. Not sure if I'll go that route.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast