Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion Tankless Water Heater not working

We've been camping in our new GD 5th wheel since July and have had no trouble with our Furrion tankless water heater until now. It just doesn't fire up. Contacted We have CoachNet and I called, they stepped me through some things, that didn't work, but couldn't find any mobile techs for me, so said to wait til Monday. So, cold showers for now. Here's what we did:

1. checked we have propane. Yes
    2. checked fuse in Furrion unit when removing outside cover. Is good.
    3. checked to make sure switch was "on" in the unit.
    4. checked to make sure control panel is on. Yes, and shows no error codes.
    5. checked breaker panel for water heater. Is okay.
    6. shut down shore connection, put trailer in "storage" mode, waited 10 minutes, started everything up again. No luck
    7. Then checked to make sure no loose wire or connector when looking inside and taking cover off. All looks good.

Any suggestions?
    David and Connie
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    2017 Ford F250 Gas

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and forgot to say, we're in Middlebury IN to go through a GD plant tour (lol)
    David and Connie
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    2017 Ford F250 Gas

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry you haven't gotten any responses on this issue. The tankless water heaters are relatively new and many of us on the forum have no experience with them. You'll probably be in touch with Grand Design today since you're there, so please let us know how this problem is resolved. It will provide good information for those who come along after you.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have absolutely no experience with these but have read that if the water pressure is low, the heat won't kick on. Do you use a preset pressure reducer or an adjustable one?

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't wait to hear what the problem was. Just bought our first camper with a Furrion tankless water heater. Any others with comments, good or bad, about these heaters? Thanks.

Dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just purchased our first Grand Design, a 2022 303RLS Reflection. On our first trip everything went well except our Furrion tankless water heater heated the bathroom shower & sink water but took forever to heat the kitchen sink water. We ran a ton of water and it never even got warm at that sink. Has anyone had this problem? We love everything else about the fifth wheel!!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CamperGal73 View Post
    We just purchased our first Grand Design, a 2022 303RLS Reflection. On our first trip everything went well except our Furrion tankless water heater heated the bathroom shower & sink water but took forever to heat the kitchen sink water. We ran a ton of water and it never even got warm at that sink. Has anyone had this problem? We love everything else about the fifth wheel!!
    Wife had the same problem with ours until we realized that the faucet was plumbed backwards. Hot and cold positions were reversed to what we were used to.
    Jim
    2019 F350 6.7 DRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesdn View Post
    Wife had the same problem with ours until we realized that the faucet was plumbed backwards. Hot and cold positions were reversed to what we were used to.
    Thanks so much Jamesdn, We will check out how our faucet is plumbed the next time we camp in a couple weeks. I thought about trying that but didn’t want to waste a ton of water seeing we didn’t have a water site. Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just purchased our 2022 unit last week! Furrion tankless water heater works in bathroom but intermittent in kitchen sink. Same as Campergal73 post. Our lines are not reversed as in another post. Did You get yours fixed, and what was the problem?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Power to the water heater control panel is from the switch on the heater. From your write up it appears you have DC power.
    Try setting up in dry camping mode (make sure to turn water pump on) and in city water mode if available. Set water temp to 120-deg

?? Do you have good water pressure (hot and cold) when in both city and dry camping modes.
    ?? Does the water heater attempt to ignite? Is there a clicking sound from the igniter?

If you have a volt meter you could check for 12VDC at various point. Sorry...I don't have an elec diagram to follow. You would have to chase cables.

If the igniter is clicking and propane is not available (i.e. the unit does not light) E1 will appear on the display and a beeping sound should be heard. This Does not appear to be your issue.

Sounds like a potential control panel failure.
    Ken & Tammy
    Union Valley, TX
    2021 GD Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2019 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4x4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast