User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

150 Series 226RK

Has anyone seen this new smaller 5th wheel maybe shown at the Hershey show? If so was there an msrp listed. This is small just under 27', which may fit my needs.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/showro...oorplans/226rk

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's odd... I just tried to go to the Build and Price page for that model on the GD web site (where you can see MSRPs) and the page doesn't seem to be built, yet. Perhaps they'll get it up soon. In the meantime, you can call GD Customer Service at (574) 825-9679, select the option(s) for pre-sale support, and ask. Don't count on the old 30% off MSRP pre-pandemic prices these days, though!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob. your always helpful so its good to see you here. I'll give GD a call later this week when I get home and if I get a build price I'll pass it along.

It's a small 5er, but it looks big enough to handle me and my dog on a year of being a vagabound and seeing the country.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tnelson View Post
    Has anyone seen this new smaller 5th wheel maybe shown at the Hershey show? If so was there an msrp listed. This is small just under 27', which may fit my needs.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/showro...oorplans/226rk
    Welcome to the forum tnelson...

I pulled a 220rk for 2 years before getting a slightly larger 5th wheel. You may want to check RV Trader for used rigs that fit your needs. I would suggest looking at GD 220rk and the 230rl. They both have similar towing specs and truck requirements. Just make sure and check both the Reflection and Reflection 150 boxes for the search.

Getting a gently used one could save you many months and $20K...
    2021 Winnebago 2932 5th wheel
    2020 F350 w/7.3 Godzilla
    2018 Reflection 220RK - sold 11/20
    2018 Titan XD 4x4 SL - sold 11/20

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom 'r Bust View Post
    Welcome to the forum tnelson...

I pulled a 220rk for 2 years before getting a slightly larger 5th wheel. You may want to check RV Trader for used rigs that fit your needs. I would suggest looking at GD 220rk and the 230rl. They both have similar towing specs and truck requirements. Just make sure and check both the Reflection and Reflection 150 boxes for the search.

Getting a gently used one could save you many months and $20K...
    A 260RD is another option with just a bit more elbow room. The unloaded, GVW and hitch weight aren't much more in fact I think the 260 hitch weight is less than a 230. All else is about equal.
    Before buying mine I was in several 230RL fifth wheels and thought it would get a little crowded with myself and my Irish Setter lying on the floor. That was the problem in my previous V-Lite.

It's tough to tell but looking at the floor plan of the 226RK I'm wondering if you could squeeze by to access the steps to get to the bathroom.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are interested in this model as well but waiting to see one in person to compare with the 260RD. We're used to a 31ft fiver and not sure if we can give up the 4 ft of living space. But I've wanted to go shorter for a long time. I spoke to inside sales at GD last week and they told me msrp was $57k and some change. They said that included the mandatory packages. My local dealer got his GD sales rep on the phone and was told they should see the first ones on the lots around late Nov or early Dec.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to know if this model as the factory rear hitch rated to tow 3500 lbs like my 240RL. If my rig was 4 ft shorter I could tow a good sized fishing boat back there but I think the boat I have now will put me over the Texas legal limit of 65 ft.
    2020 Reflection 150 240RL
    2020 F250 XLT 7.3L Godzilla
    Curt A20 hitch with turning point locked
    Westinghouse igen4500 LIFEPO4 280ah 3.2v cells

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I noted with this model and other similar ones is that the access to the bathroom is cutoff unless you put a slide out. The steps on the passenger side on the Reflection 150 Series 295 RLS allows for sink, refrigerator, bathroom and bedroom access, even with the slides in. Great for the lunch stops, unplanned pee breaks and the like!
    Bob & Belinda
    Part timers headed to full timing, based in Mansfield, TX
    2021 Reflection 150 Series 295RL with Trailair Turning Point
    2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 High Country, 4x4, SRW, B&W Companion Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert58 View Post
    One thing I noted with this model and other similar ones is that the access to the bathroom is cutoff unless you put a slide out. The steps on the passenger side on the Reflection 150 Series 295 RLS allows for sink, refrigerator, bathroom and bedroom access, even with the slides in. Great for the lunch stops, unplanned pee breaks and the like!
    The point about not accessing the bathroom without extending the slide was significant for me. Something I though I could live with but couldn't. I had my 220rk for 6 months before trading it for my current unit. The floor plan addresses some of the other short coming of the 220rk that I disliked. It looks like the kitchen-living area has been improved for living quite a bit.
    Bill & Marsha
    2020 Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 2500HD Silverado 4x4
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 273 MK that we have is fully accessible with the slide in. Work perfectly for a couple! Then they quit making it. I'll never understand some of their decisions.