User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insignia Oven Knob Stuck

Hi - I searched here and other online resources and couldn't find what I'm looking for. I'm hoping someone here can help me out. . . .

We've used our oven maybe about 5 times and it's worked fine. Last Friday, which was the last night of a 2-week trip, the oven again worked fine until. . . . I tried to turn the knob to OFF and it wouldn't go to the 12 o'clock OFF position. I could only rotate the knob between 3 and 9 o'clock. I also tried pushing and pulling a little while rotating to no avail. And this meant I couldn't turn the oven OFF. The only way to turn off the oven was to turn off the propane at the tank.

This is the 3.7 ft3 range - model: NS-RNG24SS9.

So now we're home and looking for some suggestions to resolve this. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

PS: I did see another thread about melting oven knobs. That didn't happen in my case.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having the same issue...

I’m having the same issue, did you ever get a solution?

I used it last night without issue until I tried to turn it off. Just like above, the knob will turn but only to the right up to 500 degrees and to the left down to the “flame” symbol and no further. The knob will not press in while turning.

I took the front panel off and noticed there is a pin that is supposed to rotate to an indentation to allow the knob to be depressed to actuate the igniter. The knob will not rotate to allow the pin to enter the indentation!?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	807129B9-DFAB-4D83-B8CA-B154930F77BC.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	120.5 KB 
ID:	37099

Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    Hi - I searched here and other online resources and couldn't find what I'm looking for. I'm hoping someone here can help me out. . . .

We've used our oven maybe about 5 times and it's worked fine. Last Friday, which was the last night of a 2-week trip, the oven again worked fine until. . . . I tried to turn the knob to OFF and it wouldn't go to the 12 o'clock OFF position. I could only rotate the knob between 3 and 9 o'clock. I also tried pushing and pulling a little while rotating to no avail. And this meant I couldn't turn the oven OFF. The only way to turn off the oven was to turn off the propane at the tank.

This is the 3.7 ft3 range - model: NS-RNG24SS9.

So now we're home and looking for some suggestions to resolve this. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

PS: I did see another thread about melting oven knobs. That didn't happen in my case.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m having the same issue, did you ever get a solution?
    Short answer: Best Buy is sending me a new stove.

Longer answer: I contacted GD for guidance and got this reply. . .

Insignia is the Best Buy brand for appliances and they require the following for warranty issues:

Best Buy for Business requires that the dealer/customer fills out an online service request form for Insignia appliances; the link is in the pdf attachment.
    *Please note that any calls to Best Buy, Insignia, or The Geek Squad will not be of any help as they are designed for retail customers only. Best Buy for Business set this up for OEM dealers/customers.

Open the pdf & click on Geek Squad Service Request Form under the “Go online” section.
    The form must be filled out completely with two exceptions…under PRODUCT SERIAL and GEEK SQUAD PLAN NUMBER, they simply enter “N/A”.
    Once submitted, The Geek Squad will contact the dealer within 48 hours to set up the service call to diagnose & hopefully repair the issue, or supply a replacement.

https://www.bestbuybusiness.com/bbfb...=GSPServiceReq

I did end up calling Best Buy after several days of no reply after submitting the form. Basically they don't sell parts - gotta replace the entire stove. I was told there's no way at the moment to predict when I'll actually be receiving the new stove as there's a possibility it's stuck on a container ship off the southern California coast.

They did offer to allow me to take it to a dealer to have them swap out the oven. Knowing what we all know about dealer service these days, I'm planning to do it myself.

Another "fun feature" I found was the gas shut off for the stove is actually BEHIND the stove. So in order to shut off the gas to the stove, you actually need to pull the entire stove out then reach down (if you have a long arm).

I thought about disassembling the front panel to see what I could repair however figured since it's still a warranty issue, I didn't want to mess with it until I have the new stove.

I'll report back when there's an update.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We really really like that stove in our 2022 Solitude. I think you could easily resell it to another GD owner who wants an upgrade and might have the skills to repair or modify.
    The only complaint we have is that you have to kneel way down to see the pilot light coming on in the oven. I may install a small mirror.
    Last edited by Pacific Fisher; 10-14-2021 at 05:57 PM.
    2022 Soulitude 310 GK Disc Brakes, Solar, Onan LP
    2021 F350 CC LB 7.3 Godzilla, 430 Gears, B&W Companion, Morryde Pin Box, Garmin 890 RV GPS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We really really like that stove in our 2022 Solitude.
    Us too, up until it stopped working properly. Until the replacement arrives, it'll sit there with the gas valve shut off. I don't want to mess with it since it's being covered under warranty.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Short answer: Best Buy is sending me a new stove.

Longer answer: I contacted GD for guidance and got this reply. . .

Insignia is the Best Buy brand for appliances and they require the following for warranty issues:

Best Buy for Business requires that the dealer/customer fills out an online service request form for Insignia appliances; the link is in the pdf attachment.
    *Please note that any calls to Best Buy, Insignia, or The Geek Squad will not be of any help as they are designed for retail customers only. Best Buy for Business set this up for OEM dealers/customers.

Open the pdf & click on Geek Squad Service Request Form under the “Go online” section.
    The form must be filled out completely with two exceptions…under PRODUCT SERIAL and GEEK SQUAD PLAN NUMBER, they simply enter “N/A”.
    Once submitted, The Geek Squad will contact the dealer within 48 hours to set up the service call to diagnose & hopefully repair the issue, or supply a replacement.

https://www.bestbuybusiness.com/bbfb...=GSPServiceReq

I did end up calling Best Buy after several days of no reply after submitting the form. Basically they don't sell parts - gotta replace the entire stove. I was told there's no way at the moment to predict when I'll actually be receiving the new stove as there's a possibility it's stuck on a container ship off the southern California coast.

They did offer to allow me to take it to a dealer to have them swap out the oven. Knowing what we all know about dealer service these days, I'm planning to do it myself.

Another "fun feature" I found was the gas shut off for the stove is actually BEHIND the stove. So in order to shut off the gas to the stove, you actually need to pull the entire stove out then reach down (if you have a long arm).

I thought about disassembling the front panel to see what I could repair however figured since it's still a warranty issue, I didn't want to mess with it until I have the new stove.

I'll report back when there's an update.
    I had the melted knobs and Best Buy delivered my new stove to my house. I swapped it out myself...it was a ten-minute job. they don't want the old one back and will tell you to do whatever you want with it. I sold mine
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the melted knobs and Best Buy delivered my new stove to my house. I swapped it out myself...it was a ten-minute job. they don't want the old one back and will tell you to do whatever you want with it. I sold mine
    Knob didn't melt on mine. Something got stuck inside the valve mechanism. I agree it shouldn't be a big deal to swap it out myself. I'm just not sure when the new unit will arrive.

I'm considering relocating the gas shut off valve so it's more accessible as long as I have the unit pulled out. Anyone try this and/or got any suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Presentation1.jpg  

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knob didn't melt on mine. Something got stuck inside the valve mechanism. I agree it shouldn't be a big deal to swap it out myself. I'm just not sure when the new unit will arrive.

I'm considering relocating the gas shut off valve so it's more accessible as long as I have the unit pulled out. Anyone try this and/or got any suggestions?
    My gas valve was behind the stove inside the trailer. They used flex hose so you can pull the stove out enough to get behind it and swap it out.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I wasn't clear. . . . I want to relocate the valve so in the future I can easily shut off the gas supply to the oven without the need to pull the oven out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my new stove delivered within a week and a half of submitting the form online. Hopefully this one works better. How Did you manage to get the new unit in? Shipping weight is close to 200lbs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast