User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How Did you manage to get the new unit in?
    My neighbor helped along with this:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008ASBLJI...t_details&th=1

I was amazed to see the huge box strapped to a pallet sitting on my driveway - all just for a valve issue. I found someone on Craigslist to take the old one away. Good luck!
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is significantly lighter after unboxing and removing the cast iron grates, the oven door, and the drawer. From that point, two of us old-timers were able to easily carry it.
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a couple of years late to the party, but I just had this exact problem today. I took apart the front of the stove and the control knob(with the gas off, of course.) There are two little gears in there and I think they're getting out of time from each other... therefore not letting the knob turn all the way off.
    I re-aligned the gears and I was able to turn it all the way off..... ONCE. It immediately happened again.

Did you find any solution?? Part number? Is the valve replaceable?

Insignia NS-RNG24SS9
    3.7 Cu. Ft. Free-Standing Gas Range
    Last edited by adombrowski; 02-16-2023 at 10:50 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can’t help you with any repair suggestion but I can tell you that our replacement oven has been working fine since we installed it over a year ago.

Try contacting Best Buy (see above) and see if they’re still offering replacement units- it’s pretty easy to swap out.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry 2022 Solitude’s Insignia Oven knob broke

Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    I had the melted knobs and Best Buy delivered my new stove to my house. I swapped it out myself...it was a ten-minute job. they don't want the old one back and will tell you to do whatever you want with it. I sold mine

Thank you for this detailed report. We just used our oven for the first time and the oven knob is inop, won’t shut off. Disappointing to say the least.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a way to shut off gas supply to oven but still use the range?

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmattey View Post
    Is there a way to shut off gas supply to oven but still use the range?
    I don't know which RV model you have. In our Solitude, there were two gas lines going to the oven and cooktop. When I removed the oven (premanently), I capped off the gas line going to the oven and connected the other line to the new cooktop (LP off at the tanks during this process, of course). I suspect that you'll have at least a Y-connecter and can cap off one side of it. Be sure and test for leaks afterward.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insignia Oven

Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I don't know which RV model you have. In our Solitude, there were two gas lines going to the oven and cooktop. When I removed the oven (premanently), I capped off the gas line going to the oven and connected the other line to the new cooktop (LP off at the tanks during this process, of course). I suspect that you'll have at least a Y-connecter and can cap off one side of it. Be sure and test for leaks afterward.

Rob
    Thanks Rob, our Solitude 310GK-R has a single line. Hard to reach, good thing I have long arms!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FOLLOW UP…. I used the Best Buy link from above and they called me back the next day. We just received our replacement oven/range, less than a week later! I’ll be installing it this weekend. They sent me the same model … hope they fixed the design flaw. More to follow. JM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours did the same thing. I took the panel off and removed the switch mechanism. The pin is suppose to stay where it’s at but the gears inside weren’t aligned correctly. I lined them up, put everything back together and everything is working for now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast