Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by my12by60 View Post
    The custom rack sounds pretty cool. So does 1,000 amp hours of Battleborn batteries. Do you have a bunch of solar panels to go with the big battery bank? Have you had any issues with the temperature in the front compartment limiting your ability to get a charge into the batteries?
    1380 watts of solar. I just did it, so I don't know for sure, but that front compartment doesn't vary all that much, maybe 20-30 degrees from the interior temps. The batteries do have heaters though in case it it is needed.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took the back passthru panel off and took a few pictures, unfortunatly they turned out badly. It doesn't help that I only have use of one hand. I did confirm that there is only enough extra room to squeeze in another one 100amp battery

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SNye45 View Post
    I took the back passthru panel off and took a few pictures, unfortunatly they turned out badly. It doesn't help that I only have use of one hand. I did confirm that there is only enough extra room to squeeze in another one 100amp battery
    I appreciate the effort. I think you may have confirmed that I need to look at using the front compartment given that our batteries will have a larger footprint than yours.
    2017 Reflection 29 RS
    2003 F350 Supercab V10 Longbed
    Pullrite Superlite (like Anderson)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2020 Reflection 295RL. When the battery company replaced the standard battiery, with lithium batteries, and installed the Victron Multiplus II 3000w inverter, I thought they were very clever in where they placed them They removed the back wall of the passthrough and attached the Multiplus, a Solar Controller, shunt etc, and 2 lithium batteries to the flloor in the "deadspace". Everything is close together meaning no long cable runs. They installed the Inverter control panel and the Victron 712 battery moniter on the side of the hutch panel facing the door, easily accessible when turning the inverter on or off, morning or night.

They then re-installied the back panl creating a very hidden clean install No passthrough storage was lost, I even gained storage in the front compartment from the factory battery and box being taken out. The factory installed battery shut off is still working

They did warn me though that there was maybe enough room for a 3rd battery in the future, but not much else.

Hope this helps !!
    Do you have a picture you could post of this dead space area, I’m not quite sure what you are describing.
    Steve & Katey
    Full time since 07/01/2022
    2020 Ford F-350 DRW (5361 payload)
    2024 Solitude 390RK (FBP and Morryde IS from factory)
    2018 Reflection 337RLS (Still got it!)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2020 Reflection 295RL. When the battery company replaced the standard battiery, with lithium batteries, and installed the Victron Multiplus II 3000w inverter, I thought they were very clever in where they placed them They removed the back wall of the passthrough and attached the Multiplus, a Solar Controller, shunt etc, and 2 lithium batteries to the flloor in the "deadspace". Everything is close together meaning no long cable runs. They installed the Inverter control panel and the Victron 712 battery moniter on the side of the hutch panel facing the door, easily accessible when turning the inverter on or off, morning or night.

They then re-installied the back panl creating a very hidden clean install No passthrough storage was lost, I even gained storage in the front compartment from the factory battery and box being taken out. The factory installed battery shut off is still working

They did warn me though that there was maybe enough room for a 3rd battery in the future, but not much else.

Hope this helps !!
    Would you happen to have pics of everything by chance. We have the same rig and I have been looking at going lithium once these batteries are done.
    2020 Reflection 295RL 150 Series
    2007 Classic Chevrolet 3500 Duramax Ext Cab SRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used the stairs.

3 Lion Energy UT1300s fit very well under the top step of my stairs. I did reconfigure the thin wood supports, but that actually added strength.

While in there I also straightened out the wall adding to the pass through space. Rewiring also dramatically reduced the main 12v cable lengths and let me step up from the barely adequate #6 to #2 , with some secondary breakers for the remaining #6 .
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickLight View Post
    I used the stairs.

3 Lion Energy UT1300s fit very well under the top step of my stairs. I did reconfigure the thin wood supports, but that actually added strength.

While in there I also straightened out the wall adding to the pass through space. Rewiring also dramatically reduced the main 12v cable lengths and let me step up from the barely adequate #6 to #2 , with some secondary breakers for the remaining #6 .
    I looked at the area under my steps and needed to remove the vertical wood support that was supporting the center of the step in order to create any space in that area. I was afraid that might weaken the steps. How did you make sure your steps did not become flimsy?
    2017 Reflection 29 RS
    2003 F350 Supercab V10 Longbed
    Pullrite Superlite (like Anderson)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By dividing it in 3, so 2 supports. My batteries are a bit smaller than the Battleborn.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battery behind the pass-thur area

I installed all the inverter and solar items in the front compartment and ran 4/0 cable to the batteries located behind the pass-thur area. It keeps the batteries in a temp controlled area.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by my12by60 View Post
    Yes. That helps and that is what I would like to do. However, I removed the panels in the pass-thru and saw a jumble of wires and hoses. So I figured there was not enough room or slack in the hoses and cables to create space for the components. Was your factory converter removed completely? That would create a bit of space. Of course, a picture of the set-up would be great. But I understand that you don't want to crawl in there and remove panels to take pictures. Did you happen to take any pictures before the panels were put back into place?
    Check out "The Dry Campers" on YouTube. He has done many installs behind the passthrough bulkheads.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast