Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replacement batteries

Quote Originally Posted by my12by60 View Post
    We have on order a Victron Multiplus II and Victron Lynx Power In. We have in hand (2), 200 amp Ampere Time lithium batteries. We still need to order cables, lugs, cut-off switch, etc. We are waiting on ordering those items until we come up with the best place to locate the major components in our 29RS. After we decide on a location for the inverter and batteries, then we can figure out the correct total length of cable we will need in the various gauges that are involved.

After looking around, the simplest place seems to be the front compartment as that would make it easiest to put the two batteries right next to the inverter. I removed the panels in the pass-thru compartment, but that area looked like some major rearranging would be required to get both the batteries and inverter mounted there.

What location has worked best for those of your who have installed a system that includes these components?

2019 337RLS - I removed the existing battery and replaced it with 2 AGM batteries. 1st I removed the existing battery box. Then made a wooden holder for the 2 batteries to be side by side in the front storage right where the old battery was. Added a battery shut off. I was then able to add a sewer storage tube all the way across and below the frame under the batteries. Worked out really well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1064.jpg   IMG_1065.jpg   IMG_1062.jpg   IMG_1068.jpg  

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is how I ended up doing the battery and inverter install.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3142.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	37566
    2017 Reflection 29 RS
    2003 F350 Supercab V10 Longbed
    Pullrite Superlite (like Anderson)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are a few more pictures:

Name:	IMG_3143.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	37567

Name:	IMG_3145 2.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	37568
    2017 Reflection 29 RS
    2003 F350 Supercab V10 Longbed
    Pullrite Superlite (like Anderson)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post

I got the idea from a "Changing Lanes" you tube video of his install. 10 Battle Born Batteries on top of his generator compartment. He reinforced his by laying four 2x4s on it, and screwing them into it.

I did not think that was sufficient. That compartment is pretty thin steel likely 16 Gauge or less, and being open in the front, not very strong there.
    So I made a battery rack out of 2x2" X 3/16" aluminum angle. It sits about 1/16" above the compartment but doesn't put any pressure on it at all. The rack is screwed into two frame members on the drivers side giving it both vertical and horizontal strength. The passenger side has two vertical supports to the floor, bolted to another angle aluminum attached to the floor to spread the load. I could do chinups on this thing. It is rock solid

I do not have the ability to post pics here or I would. I am pretty proud of it.

On a related note. After doing my install, I went back and viewed CLs video again... In spite of all of the comments about how tight a space he was working in, I noticed that he had a lot more room that I had... Then I realized why. His momentum is a drop frame model which makes that area 10" taller that my 398Ms. I gained about 1-3/8" of room by using the angle vs the 2x4s, but it was still very tight. My design made it possible, as I could wire them up as I slid them into their aluminum angle tracks. Just keep pushing one battery against another.

A side benefit of this install is the anti theft function. It is doubtful a thief would make an attempt to steal them.
    Old thread but you already did what I am thinking of doing. Have you had any problems with this type of battery install? My main concern would be heat from the generator. I not planning on running the ac on the batteries yet so will need to run the generator during those "hot" times. My 100 ah Ampere Time batteries will not take a charge above 122 F according to the manual, I'm not sure if this could be a problem or not.

By the way, I got the idea from "Changing Lanes" too.
    2018 Ford F350
    2019 Momentum 394

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123