Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battery power but no outlets work?

So I somehow broke the end of my 50 amp power cord and just have the battery until I can go find a new cord tomorrow. I realize some stuff won’t work but no outlets work at all. Is that just what I have to deal with or do I need to do something to get them to work? Thank you in advance!
    2018 F-150 Supercab 3.5, 3.55, Max tow, 1936# payload
    2022 Imagine 2970RL

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abartleman View Post
    So I somehow broke the end of my 50 amp power cord and just have the battery until I can go find a new cord tomorrow. I realize some stuff won’t work but no outlets work at all. Is that just what I have to deal with or do I need to do something to get them to work? Thank you in advance!
    Your outlets work off the 120v shore power. Unless you have an inverter, you will not have anything working unless it's s 12v powered device.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately you won’t have any 120 volt outlets, TV or appliances to work.

It won’t help you today but I carry an adapter like this one https://www.amazon.com/Kohree-Adapte...dp/B07KQR4M8L/ and a 50 ft HD extension cord. That way I can keep battery charged, use lights, fridge, TV etc when home and loading. It stays in the RV and would come in handy in your situation. I just can’t run the AC or water heater on electric.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am ignorant when it comes to electrical. What do I need for an inverter for down the road? Is it something hardwired in?
    2018 F-150 Supercab 3.5, 3.55, Max tow, 1936# payload
    2022 Imagine 2970RL

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am ignorant when it comes to electrical. What do I need for an inverter for down the road? Is it something hardwired in?
    This isn't such an easy question to answer. The are several paths to take depending on how in depth you want to go and what power consumption you'll require. Generally speaking, you will need to hardwire something into the RV.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's some reading that will help explain what an inverter is and does. Inverters are usually coupled with upgraded batteries (multiple), solar panels, and a solar charge controller to charge the batteries. Inverters are a way to have 120VAC when you're not plugged into shore power.

https://vehq.com/rv-inverter/

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015