User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

‘21 Solitude Closet Door Issue

The mirrored closet doors in the bedroom of my 377mbs seem to have come out of adjustment and will not close properly. I am having difficulty finding any type of adjustment hardware on the doors. Is there a trick to this that I am not seeing? Any help would be appreciated. (these are not barn door type hangers)
    Thanks!
    Dennis, Pat, Prince and the Lady - Western New York
    2018 Solitude 310GK- 2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW - Blue Ox Super Ride

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the issue is caused by the doors rubbing on the lower track, the doors can be adjusted up and down by loosening some little locking nuts on the "trolley" hangers at the top and then turning the hanger studs one way or the other. It takes a very thin wrench to do this.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    If the issue is caused by the doors rubbing on the lower track, the doors can be adjusted up and down by loosening some little locking nuts on the "trolley" hangers at the top and then turning the hanger studs one way or the other. It takes a very thin wrench to do this.

Rob
    Do you recall what size wrench is needed for adjusting the sliding doors? Our dealer adjusted them once but that lasted only one trip to the next campground. When you say “thin wrench” do you have any tips on where to purchase these?

Deb
    DebJohn
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DebJohn View Post
    Do you recall what size wrench is needed for adjusting the sliding doors? Our dealer adjusted them once but that lasted only one trip to the next campground. When you say “thin wrench” do you have any tips on where to purchase these?

Deb
    Sorry, Deb, I do not remember what size wrench. This type of tool can be purchased at any of the home improvement stores, a hardware store, etc. (My tool kit is a mish-mash of tools... everything from new to things out of my father's and grandfather's things - several well over 100 years old!) A call to GD Customer Service or the dealer would likely answer your question. Perhaps @huntr70 would know.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m pretty sure it is a 3/8” on our 310. If not it was 5/16”. The outer door can be adjusted from inside the closet. To adjust the inner door I pulled off the upper trim piece , which will actually make it easier to adjust the outer.
    Charlie F
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check where and how the bottom track is mounted. The carpet under mine was all bunched up and it made the track higher on the left than the rest of it.

I removed the track, straightened out the carpet making it level all the way across and the doors operated much better.

I don't recall if I had to adjust them up or down. They should be down as much as you dare without hanging up to make sure they don't come off from all the bouncing while traveling.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Check where and how the bottom track is mounted. The carpet under mine was all bunched up and it made the track higher on the left than the rest of it.

I removed the track, straightened out the carpet making it level all the way across and the doors operated much better.

I don't recall if I had to adjust them up or down. They should be down as much as you dare without hanging up to make sure they don't come off from all the bouncing while traveling.

Good point. Our 2021 does not have carpet but others may have and it's a good idea to check that. Our closet doors worked perfectly until we we t north bound on I-35E. Nearly rattled the teeth out of my head. LOL It isn't surprising the doors dropped out of adjustment. It sure would be nice if those doors came with instructions for adjusting them when they experience a rough ride.

Our thanks to all the comments and good information.

Deb
    DebJohn
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have had to adjust mine twice now. Last year after first long trip and again after winter this spring. Not sure why they suddenly went out of adjustment both times but easy fix.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've use this, along with adjusting, works well.https://www.amazon.com/Door-Ease-Lub...s%2C168&sr=8-3
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours comes out of the track a lot. I have to use a screwdriver to lift the door and force it back onto the track
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast