User Tag List

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been a member for awhile....

Have been reading lots of posts since being a member. Lots of great ideas on this forum for those of us maintaining or moding our RVs. Decided that it was time to share with others, so here we go...

My wife and I been RVers since the '90s. We started out tent camping, and then graduated to our first Jayco TT back in '93. We didn't use it like a camper, but more like a lake cabin. We bought new and placed it on our Lake of the Ozarks lot which already had septic, water, and electricity. Was great for the 3 years we owned the lot. Bought another lake property with an actual house and sold the old lot with camper. Later we inherited a UltraLight from my parents. Traveled to many a soccer tournament coaching kids soccer. Eventually sold it as well, and in 2019 bought our 1st 5er a 295RL.

With the kids being gone, retired from coaching and work, my wife and I enjoy hitting the road in our 295RL. We both agree that COVID unfortunately has really changed the RV camping social scene from what it used to be in our opinion. Seems more like neighborhood atmosphere than the old school campground days..... Campers today seem less social than in the past - just our $.02.

Maybe once this COVID business settles down and new trailer smell wears off for some.... it might get back to the old days of the past. Anyways, that's all for now folks!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree 100%, just got back from a 15 day trip where every other day we were in a different place and with the exception of 1, people kept to themselves. They would wave but that it.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway Redriverpotter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree. Just returned from week at lake, and everyone was so reserved. It was really lonely.